some dude is ddosing me. help

immafrog1337

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
so i think some kid on my skype is ddosing me but im not sure. how can i tell that he's ddosing me? hes a friend but im not sure if its him thats ddosing me. how can i tell if its him ddosing me and how do i prevent it?

Solution
If you personally were getting DDoS'd, you wouldn't be able to access anything outside of your modem/connection to the outside world due to responding to the attack instead of sending requests out for webpages and such. Ideally you'd want a traffic analyzer like Wireshark or something to sniff incoming traffic.

viewtyjoe

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
If you personally were getting DDoS'd, you wouldn't be able to access anything outside of your modem/connection to the outside world due to responding to the attack instead of sending requests out for webpages and such. Ideally you'd want a traffic analyzer like Wireshark or something to sniff incoming traffic.

Solution
Hi

What symptoms do you have ?
Sometimes switching modem router off & on will clear internet connection problems

Are you connecting to modem router by Ethernet cable or wireless network?

If it was a ddos attack you would get help from your ISP

Unless you have a fixed IP address powering down the Internet modem router would get you a new IP address and end the attack

Regards
Mike Barnes

TRENDING THREADS