Question Some explanation about GPU's

irvas019

Reputable
Jun 9, 2018
Hello everyone
I was about to buy some GPU and since I'm on budget, can you explain what to look for good fps, smooth game...
I already understand something but can you explain me in short lines about core clock, memory clock, bandwidth, what is more important than other etc.
That's also for my personal information, want to know more about and it's better to hear from other people here because you guys already helped me several times.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The best way to answer this would be to understand what your current setup is (full system spec including PSU make and model).
What games you want to play at what settings?
What monitor / resolution you will be playing at?

There is no universal "this clock setting gives you X" because there are a lot of variables.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

irvas019

Reputable
Jun 9, 2018
I5 2400 3.1ghz
Ram 8gb ddr3
560w psu I can't remember exact brand name, I'll open case tomorrow when I come home
P8h61mlx r2.0 mobo
Benq 2320HDB G23inch
I would like to play on1920 (or 1600)-1080
Game I want to play is fortnite. I used to play only with view distance at medium-high, not other fancy things. Right now I have HD 6770 MSI 1gb ddr5, before some updates fps was around 60-70, now is 20-30max. Like I said, only distance is important to me and also acceptable fps during game/fight.
I just want to understand what stands for, what to look before I buy GPU. Thanks for fast response

Last edited: