Question Some Games Artifacting

Oct 21, 2019
Hello,
So my graphics card has been having some issues the past 2-3 months where only some games appear to be artifacting or something and others are perfectly fine without anything happening. Games such as Fortnite and any other game created on unreal engine artifact such as the one in the video below as well as some other games made on different platforms. I have no clue if this is artifacting as it's only on some games and I also don't know if it's fixable without replacing the graphics card.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to replace my graphics card if I can or buy a whole new one but since it's only in some games I want to make sure before doing so if anyone knows.

Video:
View: https://youtu.be/cKUwai2i2v8

Ignore the fact that the game was super laggy and froze (it was completely smooth 140fps for me but obs messed up but you get the point of what I'm here for)

What I've tried:
  • Updating drivers to the latest and tried older versions after running DDU.
  • Used another graphics card (GTX 660) and it was completely fine which is why I think I need to replace.
  • Reset my PC a month ago which changed nothing at all.
That's pretty much it so far, I want to see if anyone can give suggestions.

PC Specs:
MSI GTX 1060 6GB Gaming X
Ryzen 5 1600
16GB G.Skill Trident RGB (3200Mhz)
Asus B350-Plus Motherboard
CX500 power supply

Lutfij

Titan
How old is that CX PSU? That would be my likely culprit in the system. Try and replace the unit with a higher wattage, known working, reliable unit(borrowing ofc from a neighbor or friend) and see if the system has the issues you've outlined.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS