Some games crashing to desktop after RAM change

Maxamis10

Commendable
May 11, 2016
In 2016 I built my first gaming desktop to get away from console limitations. Since then, I've upgraded and changed the desktop to the point of it being essentially a completely different computer, aside from the RAM I had in it from the start. 16GB (2x8GB) of G.Skill Ripjaw 2133. Last week I finally decided to upgrade the final aspect of the computer that has been with me since the beginning, I purchased 32GB (4x8GB) of G.Skill Ripjaw 3200. When my new RAM modules came in the mail, I immediately swapped out the old for the new, booted my system and configured my BIOS, and launched into Windows with absolutely no issues. Checked my system specifications to make sure my system registered all four modules and the correct speed, everything looked just fine. Ran a couple stress tests to make sure everything was all good, and it was. Until I attempted to do the sole thing I built this computer to do: playing games.

The game I'm currently dedicating most of my time to, For Honor, launches just fine, I can play offline with no issues whatsoever, but the moment my game attempts to load into an online match, it crashes at the same exact time, every time. The same goes for GTAV, it crashes when attempting to load multiplayer, but not singleplayer. For some odd reason Call of Duty Balck Ops 4 works flawlessly, I can load into multiplayer without a hitch and play just fine.

I've gone through all I can think of to alleviate the issue: adjusting my BIOS settings to the correct voltage and timings, trying with XMP turned off and with it on, updating my BIOS, etc. But nothing works.

If anyone could give me a bit of insight on what my problem is, it would be greatly appreciated.

System Specs:
MB: MSI Z370 Gaming Pro
GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti
CPU: Intel i7 8700K
Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD
Storage#2: PNY 250GB SSD
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 4x8GB 3200
PSU: EVGA 850W Gold Plus

"G.Skill Ripjaw 4x8GB 3200"
Ripjaws

G.Skill Ripjaws is the award winning classic DDR3 memory kit.

I suggest you list part number and/or link to memory.

i7-8700K specifications:
Supported memory: DDR4-2666

3200MHz may require some OC. You can test for defective memory with MemTest86.
https://www.memtest86.com/