Question Some games doesnt have sound

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TeoPap

Prominent
May 19, 2019
recently i upgraded my pc with new mobo and cpu , i installed all the newest drivers in mobos site and i tried some games . the half of them uses sounds but the other doesnt have sound at all . for some games i have to restart my pc for like 2 times to work , i reinstalled the audio driver but still nothing . can someone help me

Reactions: kenzy9

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah why not. When ya get a chance try the tv. All ya gota do is set the tv in audio playback devices in windows to default and should get sound through the tv speakers. When setting tv audio to default audio only sound will be played through the graphics card. Set Realtek speakers to default when ya want to use the headphones again.

Have you look at the volume green bars yet?

TeoPap

Prominent
May 19, 2019
Yeah why not. When ya get a chance try the tv. All ya gota do is set the tv in audio playback devices in windows to default and should get sound through the tv speakers. When setting tv audio to default audio only sound will be played through the graphics card. Set Realtek speakers to default when ya want to use the headphones again.

Have you look at the volume green bars yet?
where can i find these volume green bars ? sorry if its dumb question

boju

Titan
Ambassador
The bottom right corner in system try there should be a speaker icon of sorts belonging to windows. Click that and there should be an option to adjust volume for certain things like your speakers and browser. If you can hear sounds in a game the green volume bars should be moving up and down.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Looks like this depending whats open that plays sound might have a few more or less options. The Speakers column when playing audio there should be fluctuating green thing (don't know what that's called, like a mixer graph going up and down) under the blue rectangular arrow.

hqdefault.jpg

TeoPap

Prominent
May 19, 2019
Looks like this depending whats open that plays sound might have a few more or less options. The Speakers column when playing audio there should be fluctuating green thing (don't know what that's called, like a mixer graph going up and down) under the blue rectangular arrow.

hqdefault.jpg
I do not see this green bar in the game (that have no sound)

TeoPap

Prominent
May 19, 2019
Wont see the bar in-game, need to play in bordered window so you can see the volume graph. Is that what you're doing?

If play the game in fullscreen and alt tab the sound would stop.
put it on windowed mode , i didnt see any green bar coming in . Also in one game the sound is 0 , i set it to 10 and apply , then exit the menu and go back to settings and it goes on 0 again

TeoPap

Prominent
May 19, 2019
Hmm yeah thats weird

What coloured jack are you using at the back?

Have you tested hdmi audio from the graphics card yet?
not yet , need to carry a lot to my tv but i will try it

What do you mean coloured jack ? i use the green jack to the green on the back and red jack on the red in the back

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Just checking which coloured jack in case for an odd reason one of those is giving audio as well but not recognised in games. Yeah green is good, that's the primary fronts / headphone front left and right speaker output.

What's the red jack for?

TeoPap

Prominent
May 19, 2019
Just checking which coloured jack in case for an odd reason one of those is giving audio as well but not recognised in games. Yeah green is good, that's the primary fronts / headphone front left and right speaker output.

What's the red jack for?
Red is for the microphone