Question Some games doesnt have sound

TeoPap

Prominent
May 19, 2019
recently i upgraded my pc with new mobo and cpu , i installed all the newest drivers in mobos site and i tried some games . the half of them uses sounds but the other doesnt have sound at all . for some games i have to restart my pc for like 2 times to work , i reinstalled the audio driver but still nothing . can someone help me

Reactions: kenzy9
D

Deleted member 14196

Did you perform a clean install of windows 10 before you did all this because if you didn’t that’s probably your problem

D

Deleted member 14196

Yeah so you need the audio drivers for your motherboard. Should be located on the webpage for your motherboard

D

Deleted member 14196

If you did a clean windows 10 install and installed the new audio drivers and it doesn’t work then that indicates a hardware problem

D

Deleted member 14196

The troubleshooter found a generic audio that’s not working so you have devices that are not configured properly

TeoPap

Prominent
May 19, 2019
i dont know man , im not expert at software stuff. Although i managed to make a setting on a game and it worked , it has sound. i unchecked the disable all sound effects" box in speaker properties

D

Deleted member 14196

You should set the audio back to all defaults don’t use any effects or any fancy-schmancy stuff until you get this fixed

D

Deleted member 14196

After a clean install of windows 10 if audio doesn’t work then you probably have hardware issues take it to a shop and get it fixed or buy a new one. Not everything can be fixed

TeoPap

Prominent
May 19, 2019
Your video card has audio as well so some games must be using the video card and some must be using me as the Realtek. This is not a problem on many threads in this forum I am sure there is a solution on this board to use the real tack audio instead

Try this fix
https://www.google.com/amp/s/windowsreport.com/no-sound-nvidia-graphics-drivers-update/?amp
what if i unistall the nvidia audio devices?
most of fixes i have watched doenst have those in their device manager

D

Deleted member 14196

There are nine solutions in that link I provided have you tried any of them? If not go read that link and try the solutions. Don’t do the one with that tweak bit thing though