Question Some games doesnt have sound

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TeoPap

Prominent
May 19, 2019
recently i upgraded my pc with new mobo and cpu , i installed all the newest drivers in mobos site and i tried some games . the half of them uses sounds but the other doesnt have sound at all . for some games i have to restart my pc for like 2 times to work , i reinstalled the audio driver but still nothing . can someone help me

Reactions: kenzy9

TeoPap

Prominent
May 19, 2019

TeoPap

Prominent
May 19, 2019
Watch the language
I cant do this anymore , im desperate , i spend all my money on a pc that i had dreamed off and always i get bad luck . Now what should i do @Mandark

Last edited:

TeoPap

Prominent
May 19, 2019
@boju , @Mandark . After 3 weeks of customer service , mobo and cpu were fine , no problem . got the pc back , installed all drivers correctly , tried to play games and chat with friends , got audio problem and buzzing , bought new headset , problem is back . Today i discovered that discord is crashing my whole pc sound .

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Oh ok that's a shame. I don't use discord but im aware it has hardware acceleration settings. Did you try disable or enable that feature or other settings to do with sound in the program?

Anyhow if you choose to stay away from it, all good. Think there are other alternatives.

TeoPap

Prominent
May 19, 2019
Oh ok that's a shame. I don't use discord but im aware it has hardware acceleration settings. Did you try disable or enable that feature or other settings to do with sound in the program?

Anyhow if you choose to stay away from it, all good. Think there are other alternatives.
Do you know where this option is ?
Also found that some games doesnt have sound , again :)
Reinstalled realtek audio drivers with the help of an expert and still nothing

UPDATE: found the hardware acceleration feature

TeoPap

Prominent
May 19, 2019
Games not playing sounds again, is that because discord was installed again?
I have no idea man , i will try to unistall it and open the games .
But me and a service support from a store helps me with my problem .
Note : is it normal for windows to detect my headphones as speakers?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Where is the headphones connected on the case? The rear green jack would be speakers. If you have front panel audio with a headphone jack that should give an option in realtek audio manager to set as headphones.

Speakers or headphones doesn't really matter, long as windows is set to stereo and not surround sound.

TeoPap

Prominent
May 19, 2019
Where is the headphones connected on the case? The rear green jack would be speakers. If you have front panel audio with a headphone jack that should give an option in realtek audio manager to set as headphones.

Speakers or headphones doesn't really matter, long as windows is set to stereo and not surround sound.
I have my headset connected on the back , on the mobo ( i did it because the tech support adviced me to do)
also i configured the "speakers" on stereo but still nothin