Question Some games frequently crash and my screen has green blocks of sorts

smiljkovic.marko8

Honorable
Nov 6, 2018
Hello! i don't use this site often so i apologize if i put this in the wrong forum or something, but i have a question!

I have a GTX 560 ti and when i play some games that i assume are a bit harder on the gpu, even tho i dont get bad frames my screen freezes and i see these green "pixel lightning strikes" of sorts, i have no idea how to describe it but ill leave a photo of how it looks like.

This happens often when i play APEX Legends or this new game called battlebit remastered, what i noticed both of these games have a pretty big map and a lot of players, i dont crash when i play on the mode with less people (64 v 64 im pretty sure it is) but i almost instantly do when i play the mode with the most people (127 v 127 i believe).
when it comes to apex i crash in about 2 games, i lag pretty bad in that game so barely play it now.

here's a photo of what my screen looks like, any way i can fix this or anything i can do about it..? thank you so much!
IMG_4935.jpg

smiljkovic.marko8

Honorable
Nov 6, 2018
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu

cpu/gpu temp during the game?
i have an i5 4430 3ghz
8 gigs of ram
the gpu as i said is a gtx 560 ti
got an ssd and a 2tb hdd
my mb is an asus z87-c
nothing really special
oh and my psu is a thermaltake sp-850AH3ccb

also with what program can i check the temp. of my gpu and cpu? thanks!

It doesn't look like VRAM corruption necessarily, but it could be which would mean dying video card. I'd suggest making sure the fans on the video card are working first of all (if they're not, buy replacements), and then pull it and clean it thoroughly. You may even need to take it apart and re-paste.