Question Some Games Randomly Freeze and Hang, Computer still functions but game is stuck open.

Aug 11, 2019
I have had a recent problem that started up a few days ago where a game like csgo or rocket league would just freeze mid games at random times, sometimes after an hour or sometimes 15 minutes. The weird thing is is that the game won't close after it freezes, it just hangs on my screen, there is nothing saying that it is not responding, no loading cursor, and while the computer functions normally (Alt-Tabbing still shows the tabs and ctrl+alt+del still works), the game just stays on my screen with no response. I am forced to restart my computer every time. I just built it like 6 months ago and have only now come across this problem.

I've looked on countless threads and forums and nothing is working. I've tried memory diagnostics, cleaning out my drivers, updating them, rolling them back, repairing motherboard drivers. I honestly don't know what's happening and I would appreciate the help...

SPECS

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 @ OC 5.0 GHz
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1333MHz
Motherboard
MSI z370-a PRO
Graphics
GTX 1060 6gb
PSU
EVGA 700w B1 Bronze 80+ (fairly used)

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019
UPDATE:
I have just applied an oc of +150 mhz core clock and +500 mem as well as allowed more voltage through afterburner, and somethings have changed, i load of csgo and play a game because that seems to be the game it occurs the most in, and instead of the entire application freezing, it seems to now be just the visuals, i can tab out now properly and the game audio continues, i can interact with the game as well (guns shoot when i click)