Question Some games running at <10fps with upside-down FPS counter... help?

Apr 17, 2020
So, this is an issue I've ran into once in the past, and now has cropped back up again.

A while back, I bought Darkest Dungeon on Steam, and played it for a good while- about 2 hours. I experienced absolutely zero problems running it, it worked fine as intended. However, after closing it and turning off my computer, the next time I came to play it the fps began at about 30/40, then after five or ten seconds would not go above 10- the game runs at a crawl, it's unplayable. What makes it weird is that the FPS counter itself is upside down, for no apparent reason- I had made no changes to my computer, my files, my settings, anything. I tried uninstalling, validating the files, restarting my computer, but nothing. I gave up.

A good few months have passed, and that issue hasn't shown itself with any other game I own or have purchased, yet Darkest Dungeon still doesn't work. Yesterday I picked up a game called Luftrausers, played it for a few hours- again, no issues, ran flawlessly, turned off PC and came back to it today, only to find the same issue. After five or ten seconds the fps drops to 10, and the counter is upside down. Unplayable, no matter what I try.

I have updated my drivers, disabled GameDVR and the Game Bar, ensured the resolution was correct, turned off fullscreen, and freesync... no avail.
Can anybody possibly help?

My specs are:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor, 3700 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
RAM 16GB
GPU: AMD Radon RX 5700
VRAM: 8GB
System model: MS-7A38

I'd be happy to take any suggestions or provide any extra info needed. This is my first post here so I apologise if I've worded anything badly. Thank you in advance!

May 17, 2020
So, this is an issue I've ran into once in the past, and now has cropped back up again.

A while back, I bought Darkest Dungeon on Steam, and played it for a good while- about 2 hours. I experienced absolutely zero problems running it, it worked fine as intended. However, after closing it and turning off my computer, the next time I came to play it the fps began at about 30/40, then after five or ten seconds would not go above 10- the game runs at a crawl, it's unplayable. What makes it weird is that the FPS counter itself is upside down, for no apparent reason- I had made no changes to my computer, my files, my settings, anything. I tried uninstalling, validating the files, restarting my computer, but nothing. I gave up.

A good few months have passed, and that issue hasn't shown itself with any other game I own or have purchased, yet Darkest Dungeon still doesn't work. Yesterday I picked up a game called Luftrausers, played it for a few hours- again, no issues, ran flawlessly, turned off PC and came back to it today, only to find the same issue. After five or ten seconds the fps drops to 10, and the counter is upside down. Unplayable, no matter what I try.

I have updated my drivers, disabled GameDVR and the Game Bar, ensured the resolution was correct, turned off fullscreen, and freesync... no avail.

My specs are:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor, 3700 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
RAM 16GB

I'd be happy to take any suggestions or provide any extra info needed. This is my first post here so I apologise if I've worded anything badly. Thank you in advance!
I was also having this issue in the past, but I may know a fix. If you're using Razer Synapse, open Razer Cortex and click on the FPS tab. Disable Show FPS in-game, and Monitor FPS

Dec 26, 2020

My specs are:
RAM 16GB

ever figure this out? having this problem too. need help