[SOLVED] Some guy wants to trade his 3070 for my 3060 ti

Jan 19, 2021
I have a GIGABYTE AORUS 3060 Ti, some guy wants to trade, no cash, for an MSI Trio 3070.
am I missing something or is this a good deal?

Solution
I have a GIGABYTE AORUS 3060 Ti, some guy wants to trade, no cash, for an MSI Trio 3070.
am I missing something or is this a good deal?
If you can see it working in his system first, run a few benchmarks or a couple of games then sounds like a good deal. The MSI Trio is a nice card mine runs at 60C load.

OtapIc

Commendable
Jan 19, 2021
totally sus, but if the person is ok with you testing and checking it first i dont see why it's a bad deal.

but one reason i can see them doing that is for mining purposes. i did a quick bit of research and apparently the mining profit of a 3060 ti and a 3070 is on par with each other and ofc with the 3060 ti having lower tdp anyone with electricity concerns like a miner would rather have the 3060 ti
but that's just my speculation, so take it with a grain of salt

Jan 19, 2021
totally sus, but if the person is ok with you testing and checking it first i dont see why it's a bad deal.

but one reason i can see them doing that is for mining purposes. i did a quick bit of research and apparently the mining profit of a 3060 ti and a 3070 is on par with each other and ofc with the 3060 ti having lower tdp anyone with electricity concerns like a miner would rather have the 3060 ti
but that's just my speculation, so take it with a grain of salt
Yeah ty.

Dec 13, 2020
Why your friend wouldn't just RMA the vastly superior and more expensive card is also a suspect question, no sensible person would downgrade not only in horsepower but also resale value in the current market, it makes absolutely no sense. If the trade was well intent they'd simply let you test it, the fact that they wont makes it super suspect. The only thing I can imagine is that they've bought it and encountered some incompatibility, be it PSU, case size or some other factor. Without more information or a visual on the actual card it's a no deal.

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
He won't let you test it and wants to downgrade

The ansver is obvious i guess, he can sell it for cash to get a 3060 Ti and save the rest, or maybe it is a stolen card