[SOLVED] Some keyboard keys aren't working after motherboard repair

Nov 27, 2019
My Lenovo G50 laptop started malfunctioning 6 months ago. It would randomly turn off while I was using it and after some point it wouldn't power on at all. I managed to show it to a technician only a couple of days ago. He first said the issue was with the charger, so I bought a new one but the computer still wouldn't turn on. He checked it again and said some ICs were shot in the motherboard and would need to be repaired.

I got it back today and everything's working except for some keys- F6, 4, 5, R, F, G , V, B.

These are all in a vertical line, so I figured they had probably left some connections loose while putting the computer back together.

I called him and he said that he saw the problem with the keys but didn't inform me because he didn't want the repair costs to go up and it could be that the keys stopped working because the laptop hadn't been used for 6 months. Also that there's only wire that connects the whole keyboard to the motherboard, so there can't be any faulty connection.

So I have 2 questions:
-Is it possible that keys aren't working because they screwed up while re-assembling the laptop?
-If so, is there any way to definitively prove it?