[SOLVED] Some keys not functioning after OS change...

runner105

Reputable
Jul 6, 2018
So, I booted up Solaris [a UNIX-based OS] on an old desktop I had and used my keyboard on it for a while. Once I was done, I plugged the keyboard back into my main system running Windows, and all of a sudden, certain keys weren't working. [Insert, Delete, DwnArrw, and the first and third row of the number pad, to be exact.] I've since tried reinstalling the drivers and even using the board on a Linux system, but nothing seems to make it work how it did before. I know for a fact that it is hardware related. Did some sort of layout change happen within the keyboard itself? I'm using an Intel Wireless Series Keyboard that connects to a USB Base Station. I'm really at a loss here, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
This is a new one for me. What would happen if you go ahead and plug it back to the Linux OS. I wan't to see if it will work or not, that is the first thing to try. Then you can try a different USB port and also go to BIOS for the heck of it and change everything to defaults or optimized defaults and in Windows make sure your using the proper keyboard layout. Then hit me back up. Good Luck:cautious:

runner105

Reputable
Jul 6, 2018
Plugging it back into Solaris made no difference. I tried different USB ports and even different OS on different computers entirely: Windows Server 2019, Windows Vista, Windows 8, Solaris UNIX, Fedora Linux. All of this leads me to think it is strictly a hardware issue. I don't really know how keyboards work internally, so I'm not sure what could even cause this...