[SOLVED] Some keys of my laptop don't work ?

Oct 30, 2021
Hi,
I have a HP Envy 15 j002 laptop and before 2 months some keys of my laptop keyboard started not to work. Keys that don't work is P,I, , , . , and the others near these. In total 8 keys don't work. Before, sometimes they was working and sometimes they didn't. When they start to work if i use alt+shift combination to change language they all starting not to work. I tried all software tips but didn't work, so i decided this is a hardware issue. Probably it needs to be replaced, but my keyboard is about 50 dollars and i can't pay this for now. But it is a big problem that i can't use 8 keys. I use virtual keyboard but it is very very slow when i have to write articles. Are there any other way to fix my keyboard without replacing. I pull it out the computer and looking at, so there are no strange things on it. Probably the problem is about circuit board of it. Are there another way to fix it?

Keyboard model is V140626A, you can look for it on web.

Solution
Use an external keyboard. No there is no real way to fix a bad one, if it's a group of keys it's not as simple as just replacing the key. You said if you swap languages it works, did you test it in Safe Mode, or with a Linux Boot Disk? Something outside of the Windows setup you have to see if it's the physical keyboard.
Use an external keyboard. No there is no real way to fix a bad one, if it's a group of keys it's not as simple as just replacing the key. You said if you swap languages it works, did you test it in Safe Mode, or with a Linux Boot Disk? Something outside of the Windows setup you have to see if it's the physical keyboard.

Solution