May 7, 2021
I have been using this Toshiba Satellite L50T-A196 laptop for 8 years now. The keyboard has never been a problem in this laptop but since last month few keys are not working. These are Caps Lock key, Letter "x", "c", "v", "m" and left control key.These keys work by themselves sometimes and then stop working. I have tried updating the keyboard software but to no avail. Now I'm using external keyboard. Please guide as to why it is happening. Do the keyboard needs replacing?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Use KeyboardTester and see what keys end up being sticky. I think it's time you got a replacement keyboard for the laptop. Often times the keyboard fails faster than any other component on a laptop, the fact that yours lasted 8 years is a good thing!

On a side note, you might want to see if the BIOS on your laptop is pending any updates. What OS are you working with and what version if you're on Windows 10?

Reactions: irfan.nasir05
May 7, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Use KeyboardTester and see what keys end up being sticky. I think it's time you got a replacement keyboard for the laptop. Often times the keyboard fails faster than any other component on a laptop, the fact that yours lasted 8 years is a good thing!

On a side note, you might want to see if the BIOS on your laptop is pending any updates. What OS are you working with and what version if you're on Windows 10?
I've mentioned the keys which are not working above. As far as BIOS is concerned, I have updated it back in 2014. As you know Toshiba laptop division is closed so I didn't find any BIOS update on their site. The only thing confusing is that the keys work sometimes and then stop... If it was a problem they should not work at all. Also when I use external keyboard and press caps lock button the light on the laptop keyboard lights up...

OS windows 10
Build 19042.964
Version 20H2