Some more basic questions

1) Just had my two of my ship producing worlds hit in a surprise
attack. On one I had just built 30 (Birdman) Deth Specs. They got
destroyed by about 10 (Stormer) Deth Specs. On the other 10 of my
birdmen Deth Specs got easily destroyed by 4 Stormer Deth Specs. I'm
guessing this is because they had just been produced?
2) Cloaked minefields. If you uncloak them, do they appear before or
after moving?
3) Ground combat units. I've just run some sims on the GA simulator
which show that my Invisible Tank is basically useless in battle (at
least on a per cost basis compared to my Plasmatron?
4) How can I load troops into a ship and board in the same turn?

5) Oh, and I've read contradictory notes on various web pages. Are all
weapons affected by exotic tech or only some of them?

> 1) Just had my two of my ship producing worlds hit in a surprise
> attack. On one I had just built 30 (Birdman) Deth Specs. They got
> destroyed by about 10 (Stormer) Deth Specs. On the other 10 of my
> birdmen Deth Specs got easily destroyed by 4 Stormer Deth Specs. I'm
> guessing this is because they had just been produced?

Stormer has an addition 300 shield arc! As your Deth Specs have only 350
shields naturally your Deth specs look for the Stormer as if they had only
50 shields.

Didn´t I advice to read the Stormer race guide? It´s written there!
In every race guide there´s always a part that tell you how to fight that
race.

> 2) Cloaked minefields. If you uncloak them, do they appear before or
> after moving?

The are uncloaked before movement.

> 3) Ground combat units. I've just run some sims on the GA simulator
> which show that my Invisible Tank is basically useless in battle (at
> least on a per cost basis compared to my Plasmatron?

??? Is this a question? I think it´s a statement with a questionmark behind.
On a cost basis the Invisible Tank absorbs more damage than the others. But
the others do more damage on a cost basis. And sims you do on your own are
usually right (if you set the sim up correctly). Sim-Tools around are exact.

> 4) How can I load troops into a ship and board in the same turn?

Transfer the Troops from another ship to the ship you want to board with.
Then turn the "Limits" button lower right corner of ship tranfer screen to
off

5) Oh, and I've read contradictory notes on various web pages. Are all
weapons affected by exotic tech or only some of them?

No, only the one you have on your ships! Enemy weapons are not affected.
And Exotics come active at the beginning of the next round.

Mantzikert <csmckinnon@gmail.com> writes
>1) Just had my two of my ship producing worlds hit in a surprise
>attack. On one I had just built 30 (Birdman) Deth Specs. They got
>destroyed by about 10 (Stormer) Deth Specs. On the other 10 of my
>birdmen Deth Specs got easily destroyed by 4 Stormer Deth Specs. I'm
>guessing this is because they had just been produced?

Stormers get bonuses with all large weapons, and a special immunity to
PTT's. A Stormer Deth Spec is much more powerful than the same hull in
Bird Men hands.

>2) Cloaked minefields. If you uncloak them, do they appear before or
>after moving?

Before

>3) Ground combat units. I've just run some sims on the GA simulator
>which show that my Invisible Tank is basically useless in battle (at
>least on a per cost basis compared to my Plasmatron?

Every race has some useless stuff - be it a ships, fighter or mech. Part
of the game is figuring out what red herrings NOT to bother using.

>4) How can I load troops into a ship and board in the same turn?

You could push them on to the ship from another. To board click "limits
off" on the Transfer screen (other wise you won't be allowed to transfer
things not yet on the ship.) However, there is an element of luck in
which comes first. You could always try boarding with crew, who are much
better at boarding than anything else except HG.

> Oh, and I've read contradictory notes on various web pages. Are all
weapons affected by exotic tech or only some of them?

Umm... this was addressed in a thread here not too long ago... basicaly
everything except Pulsed Lasers (a small weapon) is affected. But Small
Weapon Boosts won't affect Large or PD ones, of course.
--
Paul Honigmann

> 1) Just had my two of my ship producing worlds hit in a surprise
> attack. On one I had just built 30 (Birdman) Deth Specs. They got
> destroyed by about 10 (Stormer) Deth Specs. On the other 10 of my
> birdmen Deth Specs got easily destroyed by 4 Stormer Deth Specs. I'm
> guessing this is because they had just been produced?

Perhaps your bases hasn't any ordnance (or not enough) left, and most of
your deth specs received no ordnance and fight without them?

Mydgard

> Umm... this was addressed in a thread here not too long ago... basicaly
> everything except Pulsed Lasers (a small weapon) is affected. But Small
> Weapon Boosts won't affect Large or PD ones, of course.

When speaking of this, Laser (SW Tech 1) will not get Exotic bonus, too.

Greetings
Sebastian