Question Some motherboard with AMD Athlon II 620 vs AMD Phenom II X6 1090T - is it worth?

tygrysek

Prominent
Sep 10, 2021
I have the option of changing the Gigabyte GA-MA785GT - UD3H rev 1.0 motherboard on my computer with Athlon II 620 versus to the same model motherboard only now AMD Phenom II X6 1090T (working combination - some model not the some one GPU).
Do you think it would make sense considering the above combination and some "adaptation" of the second motherboard to this much more powerful processor?
Would there be a technical possibility of limiting myself to replacing only the set of motherboard with another with the installation of software or replacement of components which are not worth much anyway.
I do not have high expectations in computer games I have not played for years, I do not use graphic programs.
Alternatively, I listen to music and this card has an optical output for an optical cable.

Last edited:
Reactions: CountMike
I have the option of changing the Gigabyte GA-MA785GT - UD3H rev 1.0 motherboard on my computer with Athlon II 620 versus to the same model motherboard only now AMD Phenom II X6 1090T (working combination - some model not the some one GPU).
Do you think it would make sense considering the above combination and some "adaptation" of the second motherboard to this much more powerful processor?
Would there be a technical possibility of limiting myself to replacing only the set of motherboard with another with the installation of software or replacement of components which are not worth much anyway.
I do not have high expectations in computer games I have not played for years, I do not use graphic programs.
Alternatively, I listen to music and this card has an optical output for an optical cable.
If it's for free or very cheap, Phenom is much better, as for sound when you use external CoDec it would be same as with any most modern PC.