Some nice hardware for your upgrade ...

stirmac

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2004
EDIT: Since my original posting, I've come to find out that the site in question is a fraud. Please don't waste your time going there! Thanks ...

Stirling

Here's a site that gives away free hardware for referrals. You can get anything from a stick of ram for a few referrals to a laptop for a lot with things like video cards (X800) and hard drives (120 Gb, 7200 rpm) in between. Check it out at:

http://www.pctech4free.com/default.aspx?ref=2372

Regards,
Stirling

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by stirmac on 12/02/04 12:18 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
What? You mean there aren't warehouses full of decent components, whose owners want <i>no</i> financial gain from them?

The world is packed with such people! How can you doubt this?

---
"Sex without love is an empty experience...
But as empty experiences go, it's one of the best" - Woody Allen

TheRod

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
Maybe it's a good scam to build a valid e-mail/credit card list...

WHOIS PCTECH4FREE.COM RESULTS :

Registrant:
Justin Cooper
7800 113 1/2 Ave. N.
Champlin, Minnesota 55316
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: PCTECH4FREE.COM
Created on: 16-Nov-04
Expires on: 16-Nov-05
Last Updated on: 18-Nov-04

Administrative Contact:
Cooper, Justin info@tech4free.com
7800 113 1/2 Ave. N.
United States
2183103825 Fax --
Technical Contact:
Cooper, Justin info@tech4free.com
7800 113 1/2 Ave. N.
United States
2183103825 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
WSC1.JOMAX.NET
WSC2.JOMAX.NET

-
A7N8X / <font color=green><b>Sempron 2800+</b></font color=green> <- <i>Is this affecting my credibility?</i>
Kingston DDR333 2x256Megs
<font color=red>Radeon 8500 128Megs</font color=red> @ C:275/M:290 <- <i>It's enough for WoW!</i>

over_c

Distinguished
May 27, 2003
From their terms and conditions:
THIS SITE IS CURRENTLY IN A BETA TEST STAGE AND WE DO NOT GAURANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE A PRODUCT FROM WWW.TECH4FREE.COM, EVEN IF ALL OF THE REQUIRED STEPS ARE COMPLETED IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE. WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO GET YOU YOUR PRODUCT, BUT BECAUSE THE SYSTEM IS UNTESTED, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DENY ANYONE THEIR FREE PRODUCT, NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON.

<A HREF="http://pctech4free.com/terms.aspx" target="_new">Terms and Conditions</A>

This site sounds like those contests held for school kids. You know, if you sell 100 candy bars you get a crappy piece of merchandise. In this case, if you convince enough people to sign up and buy a crappy piece of merchandise, you get some free stuff, maybe.

RichPLS

Champion
good research, over_c

<font color=red><pre>\\//__________________________________
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

sparky853

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
Anyone wanna bet he is Justin Cooper???

4. Availability.

(a). We are not responsible for the availability of a product, A product may be from time to time backordered, In this case, We do not guarantee delivery in a timely matter.

5. Return Policy

(a). tech4free.com does not guarantee any product a user receives.

Maybe he should find somewhere with stupid users to peddle his lame excuse for a website.

XP2800+, Abit NF7, 1GB Dual-Channel DDR333, ATI R9800PRO 128MB, TT PurePower 420W, LG DVD+-R/RW
:redface: <font color=red>My wife says I suffer from premature ejaculation...I don't remember suffering<font color=red> :wink:

stirmac

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2004
Sorry guys, nothing malicious intended ... just gullible enough to give it a shot. My apologies!

Regards,
Stirling

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

stirmac

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2004
Sorry, Ned ... plenty of life left here. No need to get upset. I made a mistake, fessed up ... 'nuff said.

Regards,
Stirling

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Nuff said
Not really! These attempts at ripping people off don't get talked about enough! I would be willing to bet the farm on the fact that you are in some way associated with this scam, but if your not then you actually pose an even greater risk to the general public. I have always beleived in every persons right to their own opinion. This post has caused me to seriously reconsider my stance on this issue!

PS. Have you considered serious shock treatment? Oh, almost forgot "You are an idiot"!

<A HREF="http://img129.exs.cx/img129/9900/THG.jpg" target="_new">http://img129.exs.cx/img129/9900/THG.jpg</A>

'nuff sed.

stirmac

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2004
Sheesh, you get pretty worked up, don't ya'? You might drop the paranoid delusions and conspiracy theories ("I would be willing to bet the farm on the fact that you are in some way associated with this scam") ... you loose credibility pretty quick, not to mention your farm!

As I said earlier, I was gullible and didn't check the details ... my apology stands. However, if behaving like you are right now is how I become a perfect little forum troll, then no thanks ... I'll stick to my sometimes ignorant, but generally friendly demeanor!

Regards,
Stirling

jammydodger

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2001
My bolocks you madea mistake, I bet that you work for the web site and are trying to get as many people as possible to see it. We have already had some1 trying to get us to go to a web site that offers free Ipod's.

stirmac

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2004
From a group of really smart folks, it's surprising how many refuse to listen (or in this case read ...). Please allow me to spell this out.

I went to the site based upon a link in the "graphics card" section of this community. I bit - hook, line, and sinker, and set up the link here in the CPU forum to try to get the free stuff. It was correctly pointed out that the site was a fraud and I admitted my mistake and apologized. Let me say it again:

THE FREE HARDWARE SITE IS A FRAUD! IT IS NOT REAL!! DON'T GO THERE!!!

Does this sound like somebody trying to generate traffic???

GET A LIFE!!

Regards,
Stirling

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Sheesh, you get pretty worked up, don't ya'? You might drop the paranoid delusions and conspiracy theories ("I would be willing to bet the farm on the fact that you are in some way associated with this scam") ... you loose credibility pretty quick, not to mention your farm!
I'm loosing credibility? Very intelligent statement! As for the paranoid delusions, the real delusion is between your ears!

As I said earlier, I was gullible and didn't check the details ... my apology stands. However, if behaving like you are right now is how I become a perfect little forum troll, then no thanks ... I'll stick to my sometimes ignorant, but generally friendly demeanor!
You should drop the word IGNORANT, and replace it with CLUELESS!

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!....shut the fúck up

Have a nice day

stirmac

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2004
Ahhh, a truly inspiring post ... your command of the language is impressive.

Regards,
Stirling

stirmac

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2004
Fair enough ... at times I'm clueless. Sure wish I knew it all ... like you.

Regards,
Stirling

endyen

Splendid
Hi Stirling
Sorry about the welcome. Just to avoid further problems, could you go back to the lead post of this string, and edit it, so that it says that site is a fraud?
Thanks,- endyen

Good idea, wonder why fraud-master extreme didn't think of that?

stirmac

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2004
Endyen, thanks for the productive suggestion ... done!

Regards,
Stirling