Question Some number keys stop working on my Macbook pro

May 31, 2020
Hello, i'm having the problem lately that sometimes 5 of my number keys stop working. The keys 5 6 7 8 and 9 are the ones affected. It started out of nowehere, they randomly stop working and after a while start working again and so on. Usually when i restart the computer it goes away but not always. It is weird that they work sometimes and then stop working without doing anything. I thought that there may just be some dirt under the key so i removed it and tried to clean it, but nothing there and even when i click just the rubber part under the key nothing happens. Does anybody know what the problem could be? I thought that since the computer is a bit old they maybe be broken but then i don't understand how they can work again after a while.

I have an MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
Kinda weird. But I tried a couple things with my MacBook and I think this could fix it. Go to System Preferences -->Accessibility --> Mouse & Trackpad --> and uncheck 'Enable Mouse keys'. If this doesn't help... please reply to this message.

May 31, 2020
Kinda weird. But I tried a couple things with my MacBook and I think this could fix it. Go to System Preferences -->Accessibility --> Mouse & Trackpad --> and uncheck 'Enable Mouse keys'. If this doesn't help... please reply to this message.

Hi, it was already unabled. But it still does not work