Question Some of my fan lights do not turn on

Oct 30, 2019
Hello,

First time pc builder here. A friend of my came over a few nights ago to help me build my first rig. The PC itself runs flawlessly and my fan lights were originally on until the other night. Not sure what the issue is here. The wires do look intact. Any ideas? I updated my motherboard drivers and figured I’d check the bios to see if that was the issue but I could not find anything. Please review the photo I attached
1affa0598119f3cd341a3803009d1ec4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H0PEFU11Y

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
Stupid suggestion but maybe try double-checking where they are put in.

It would also be helpful if you were able to give the components in your build so that we can check stuff such as how many fans your motherboard can handle, what the wattage is of your PSU and also any potential incompatibilities.

If the lighting is able to be controlled via software, I would also try that.

Oct 30, 2019
Thank you! My build has an MSI ACE X570. Graphics card is a GeForce RTX XC Ultra Gaming 8GB GDDR6

SSD 1TB drive

AMD RYZEN 3800 Professor

2 sticks for Corsair ram

Case came with four fans installed. Three on top and one in the rear. The panel lights up perfectly fine. Only thing I can think of is the case is not getting enough power or a cable is in the wrong slot

H0PEFU11Y

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
Thank you! My build has an MSI ACE X570. Graphics card is a GeForce RTX XC Ultra Gaming 8GB GDDR6

SSD 1TB drive

AMD RYZEN 3800 Professor

2 sticks for Corsair ram

Case came with four fans installed. Three on top and one in the rear. The panel lights up perfectly fine. Only thing I can think of is the case is not getting enough power or a cable is in the wrong slot

That's what I'm thinking. The motherboard can support 5 x 4-pin system fans, and also one CPU one. I would go more with not getting enough power but without knowing your PSU grade + wattage, I can't really tell. It does seem to be quite a power-hungry system with the GPU and CPU.

H0PEFU11Y

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
Thank you so much. The power supply is 850 watts. It’s so odd though. A few nights ago all the lights were working and now only a few do.

Do you know what standard the PSU is (e.g. gold, bronze etc)? That can sometimes mean you don't have enough wattage available despite having enough as a number.

I'd try checking where it is plugged in and also maybe swapping some to see if its the ports causing it (dead ports maybe). Also if your computer is plugged into an extension lead then I would try to plug it just straight into a wall socket and see if that lets it work/

Oct 30, 2019
Do you know what standard the PSU is (e.g. gold, bronze etc)? That can sometimes mean you don't have enough wattage available despite having enough as a number.

I'd try checking where it is plugged in and also maybe swapping some to see if its the ports causing it (dead ports maybe). Also if your computer is plugged into an extension lead then I would try to plug it just straight into a wall socket and see if that lets it work/

Would the processor be the issue here?

Oct 30, 2019
So I contacted the company who manufactures the case. They feel the fans are defective and are sending me a whole new kit. Is this a common issue with prebuilt fans?