Question Some of my front panel connectors aren't working?!?!?

productionsvgs

Prominent
Nov 28, 2018
Ive had my PC just about a year now everything was working good, today i was gaming and my headphones stopped working i tested to see if it was my headphones and it wasnt my audio jack ports arent working as well as my restart function, any ideas on what this could be??

Ive had my PC just about a year now everything was working good, today i was gaming and my headphones stopped working i tested to see if it was my headphones and it wasnt my audio jack ports arent working as well as my restart function, any ideas on what this could be??
A few things to check:
Does your headphone work on the rear audio jack?

Might an update have switched default audio device? (type sound settings in Cortana search and open, check that the desired output device is selected.)

Double check your BIOS that the on-board audio peripheral is enabled.

Double check that your on-board audio driver(s) are up to date.

Lastly: does your monitor have an audio jack... if so, does your headphone work on that? That's HDMI audio and usually provided by a GPU. If the motherboard audio output is damaged that would still work for media output to HDMI such as games a videos. You'll have to select that as the default output device (see above).

Last edited:
Go through your Windows sound device settings and make sure your audio device is listed as default...typically motherboard audio is Realtek. Sometimes a Windows update to an audio or GPU driver can switch the default device on you...it happens a lot with GPU drivers trying to take over the audio system of a PC and push it to the monitors speakers.