[SOLVED] Some of my steam games are crashing after updating my components

Oct 28, 2019
Hi guys, recently i bought a new pc, basically everything is new except for my hard drives, my old pc had a gt730 and a really old pentium but the games were running fine, and after the update some of my steam games are crashing, what's weird is that heavy games like battlefield 1, NieR, GTAV are running fine, and games like Hollow knight and cuphead are crashing.
this are the components:
-R5 2600
-evga rtx 2060 6gb sc ultra gaming
-b450 gaming plus
-16GB 3000Mhz corsair vengeance lpx
-I have an SSD and two HDD

Already checked the integrity of the files and re/installed the games, should i re/install windows?

Solution
So you changed out the very core of your computer and used the same old Windows install?

Yes you should absolutely reinstall Windows. You went from an Intel system to an AMD system. The drivers are vastly different and any remaining Intel drives could easily cause issues. A clean install would probably solve your issues.
So you changed out the very core of your computer and used the same old Windows install?

Yes you should absolutely reinstall Windows. You went from an Intel system to an AMD system. The drivers are vastly different and any remaining Intel drives could easily cause issues. A clean install would probably solve your issues.

Solution
Oct 28, 2019
thanks, i'll do it then, is there a way to tell steam that the games are already in my hard drive?, my internet connection is really slow, and i don't want to download them again :(, this is why i didn't want to do a clean install

Steam has had the ability to install on secondary drives for a while. I think if you point it to the directory where the games are installed it should find them. I have done plenty of clean installs with Steam on a secondary drive and all it ever has to do is the first time run where it configures the game but never has to re-download them. I have been doing this for over 10 years to keep Windows clean, or to replace hardware.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3194504/how-to-change-where-steam-installs-your-pc-games.html

Use this as a guide