[SOLVED] Some on Advice on upgrades please

Apr 22, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on how I can turn this computer into a decent gaming computer for my son.

Here's what I'm working with(see below)

I've added a 256gb SSD

He plays a lot of Football Manager and DayZ.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or been done before.

Appreciate any advice.
Siillence
2p5kZP9.png

SESyuF4.png

Solution
This system was never meant to be a gaming system. You really can't even upgrade it to get close to a bargin/entry-level gaming system.
The cheapest flash sale systems on any of the boutique builder sites (CyberpowerPC, iBuyPower, Maingear, OriginPC, etc.) will run circles around anything you could do with that HP.

I don't mean to burst your bubble. I just don't want to see you put $$$ into this PC and it still not give you the performance you are expecting.
This system was never meant to be a gaming system. You really can't even upgrade it to get close to a bargin/entry-level gaming system.
The cheapest flash sale systems on any of the boutique builder sites (CyberpowerPC, iBuyPower, Maingear, OriginPC, etc.) will run circles around anything you could do with that HP.

I don't mean to burst your bubble. I just don't want to see you put $$$ into this PC and it still not give you the performance you are expecting.

Solution
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on how I can turn this computer into a decent gaming computer for my son.

Here's what I'm working with(see below)

I've added a 256gb SSD

He plays a lot of Football Manager and DayZ.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or been done before.

Appreciate any advice.
Siillence
2p5kZP9.png

SESyuF4.png
This would be a fools errand (no offense intended). Do not spend any money on this relic. The time for upgrading it has come and gone long ago. Any parts available for it can probably only be found on ebay and will likely fetch prices high enough to nullify their value and you'll still have a 'used car' so-to-speak. Keep it for email and web browsing or recycle it. Any cheap modern prebuilt will be light years ahead in performance and will come with a warranty.