Question Some on Advice on upgrades please

Apr 22, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on how I can turn this computer into a decent gaming computer for my son.

Here's what I'm working with(see below)

I've added a 256gb SSD

He plays a lot of Football Manager and DayZ.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or been done before.

Appreciate any advice.
Siillence

This system was never meant to be a gaming system. You really can't even upgrade it to get close to a bargin/entry-level gaming system.
The cheapest flash sale systems on any of the boutique builder sites (CyberpowerPC, iBuyPower, Maingear, OriginPC, etc.) will run circles around anything you could do with that HP.

I don't mean to burst your bubble. I just don't want to see you put $$$ into this PC and it still not give you the performance you are expecting.

sonofjesse

Reputable
Jul 27, 2016
  1. Remove SSD.
  2. Donate Computer.
  3. Buy your son a console or prebuilt "gaming pc"
If your very good with computers, you can maybe buy something used and find a used GPU, but your going to spend a lot of time going that route.

good luck!

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on how I can turn this computer into a decent gaming computer for my son.

Here's what I'm working with(see below)

I've added a 256gb SSD

He plays a lot of Football Manager and DayZ.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or been done before.

Appreciate any advice.
Siillence

This would be a fools errand (no offense intended). Do not spend any money on this relic. The time for upgrading it has come and gone long ago. Any parts available for it can probably only be found on ebay and will likely fetch prices high enough to nullify their value and you'll still have a 'used car' so-to-speak. Keep it for email and web browsing or recycle it. Any cheap modern prebuilt will be light years ahead in performance and will come with a warranty.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS