Some People Are Smashing Their PS4s Right After Purchase

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

InvalidError

Titan
I haven't looked into who these video posters are but my impression is they did it mostly to drive visits on their Youtube channels. One of them even addressed journalists telling them to visit his website... I'm guessing he was hoping to sell his footage.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
There should be a law against these idiots wasting the planet`s resources for nothing, that thing cost time to make and materials to gather and brilliant minds to come up with it, and then comes an idiot and does that. Personally i would give him 1 year in a prison to cool off.

Really?

It was his $400 bucks to spend. Why would you have an opinion either way? I went into the vids thinking I would be entertained or I wouldn't be entertained.

I was mildly entertained. I could think of a lot of other areas requiring our legislator's focus.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
@skit75 having money doesn`t mean you have to act like a total retard. That`s why most of the world see americans like total idiots. You have Detroit that`s gone bankrupt and then you have these kind of idiots wasting things for your entertainment.

InvalidError

Titan

But quite a few rich people made their fortune cleverly acting like retards.

In this case:
1- buy a PS4
2- have friends record you smashing it
3- post the video on Youtube (more channel views)
4- sell the unedited/higher-quality/better-angles videos to news reporters
5- profit (probably - if they manage a few footage sales)

wdmfiber

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Possibly Sociopaths. Although, I can't tell for sure; as I'd need to know them a bit or talk to their friends.

But smashing PS4, in front of others that want it. Plus needing attention... is an indication. Sociopaths can't feel remorse, but putting others down and getting attention is what they live for. They HAVE TO be "King".

We may always be seeking for, or have a deep passionate love for a woman(wife, girlfriend) and (eventually)be driven to provide for our offspring. But not everyone has "3 dimensional depth" or wants(dreams about) sex. There're rare... but there are humans out there who are "2 dimensional" like television. Everything is visual, they can't feel.

Sirerdrick

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
As I sit here with my new PS4...
Anyone think that this might, just maybe, be a statement against the consumerist society that we live in?
That, or maybe they are just fame ignorant fame whores.
Either way, the videos provided some entertainment.

blcskate

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
@AmericansRDumb
Hate to break it to you, but there are retards in everywhere in the world. Anyone who generalizes a population based on said people obviously falls into said category.

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
I wonder if these were idiots MS paid to buy and smash PS4s, kind of like how Apple pays people to camp outside their stores to get the latest rehases, err, newest products!

Status
Not open for further replies.