Question Some ports don't work in Windows 10, but do in the BIOS, MSI B450 Tomahawk

Mex___

Reputable
Mar 18, 2017
So, I've got an MSI 450 Tomahawk mobo, and since today most of my USB ports just stopped working in Windows 10, so I did a clean install, didn't fix anything.

Checked bios, everything works in there, so I guess it would be a driver issue, I downloaded the latest chipset from the MSI website (version 19.10.36) but this didn't fix anything.

I've got 2 USB ports, out of 7 that work, these are ports: USB3.1 Gen 1 Port 03 & 04, and for example, 05 does not work.

If I go into the BIOS, the devices in the "broken" ports are recognized with the proper names.

If I go into the device manager, I've got 1 unknown device in Other devices, and the location is: on AMD USB3.1 eXtensible Host Controller and the device status gives me a code 28. Tried updating and uninstalling this driver, both options didn't work. Also tried Windows 10 updates, I'm up to date at the moment.

Really beginning to run out of ideas.

[redacted]
Vulgarity will not be tolerated, even in anagram form
Lutfij

Don't know if this is relevant, but here are some of my pc specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 six core, 3,90 Ghz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

Mobo: B450 Tomahawk

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Which version of Windows 10 are you on? You might want to recount how you created the installer for the OS. Also, which BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Mex___

Reputable
Mar 18, 2017
Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Which version of Windows 10 are you on? You might want to recount how you created the installer for the OS. Also, which BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Yes sorry about that,
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 six core, 3,90 Ghz
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2D3000C16 (2x 8gb)
SSD/HDD: OS has: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB, secundairy SSD: KINGSTON SV300S37A120G, has nothing on it, and HDD: Western Digital Blue WD30EZRZ 3TB, has random documents and games on it.
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
PSU: Corsair TX650M V2

I installed it via the Media Creation tool. BIOS for the motherboard is: E7C02AMS.130