Some problems after installing windows 8 on my new gaming pc!

DanGaming

Reputable
Nov 8, 2015
I just built my pc and installed Windows .. but my monitor flashes from black screen to normal every 1 second .. And the only way to stop it is to increase the refresh rate of the monitor .. that is how I fixed on my old pc where I was using this monitor ... When I plugged the pc with this monitor and I boot it flashes and won't stop ...every second .. I went to change refresh rate but it's set to 64 Hz and no other option... Also the res is set to really low one .. And I don't have the option to click and change the resolution. Also when I go to the device manager and even in the dxdiag .. it says under display: Microsoft basic display adapter... it doesnt recongnise my gtx 970 or something?

Thank you! :)

DanGaming

Reputable
Nov 8, 2015

I havent installed any drivers yet! Ive literally booted the system ..installed the windows .. thats it! If I install the drivers.. will the flashing of black screen fix? And will my resolution fix to 1440x900 like it was before? And will it recognise the GTX 970 I have? Also do I need to install the motherboard chipset drivers first or? Thank you!