• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Some problems after installing windows 8 on my new gaming pc!

DanGaming

Reputable
Nov 8, 2015
I just built my pc and installed Windows .. but my monitor flashes from black screen to normal every 1 second .. And the only way to stop it is to increase the refresh rate of the monitor .. that is how I fixed on my old pc where I was using this monitor ... When I plugged the pc with this monitor and I boot it flashes and won't stop ...every second .. I went to change refresh rate but it's set to 64 Hz and no other option... Also the res is set to really low one .. And I don't have the option to click and change the resolution. Also when I go to the device manager and even in the dxdiag .. it says under display: Microsoft basic display adapter... it doesnt recongnise my gtx 970 or something?

Thank you! :)

DanGaming

Reputable
Nov 8, 2015

I havent installed any drivers yet! Ive literally booted the system ..installed the windows .. thats it! If I install the drivers.. will the flashing of black screen fix? And will my resolution fix to 1440x900 like it was before? And will it recognise the GTX 970 I have? Also do I need to install the motherboard chipset drivers first or? Thank you!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS