Some problems with my MSI 750Ti

Minikronos

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
Ok so a few days ago i got my 750ti.

I uninstalled the drivers and took out my ATI Radeon 6670
Its a MSI 750TI OC 2GB version but i was pretty confidant it would work on my 405W Power supply.
I put in the card and then...nothing.

My pc comes on and then the splash screen telling me '<DEL> for boot options' and '<F4> for Bios' and normally this would come up for maybe about 5 seconds. With the 750ti in it stays on this screen and then it goes black after about 5 mins. Also when i press DEL or F4 it does nothing...all i found that i can do is hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and then it will go black and the screen will come back up from which i cannot advance from.

I am fairly confidant that i uninstalled all of my old drivers.

Everything else is fine as when i put my old card back in it boots up fine and i can open in safe mode etc... but with the 750 ti it wont do a thing.

Also i cannot install the drivers before i put my 750ti in because when i goto do it the application that Nvidia give you to install them says 'This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware' which (i am guessing) mean that i must have the 750ti in to install them.

NOTE: When i put my old card in the resolution of the opening scren (the one with the DEL and F4 options) is smaller to the one when i put my 750ti in - it is full 1080p and fits across my whole screen.

Minikronos

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014

Yea it been a few days since i tried it

I was thinking of getting a new motherboard (like a £50-£60 Asus one) and then getting a newer i5 and see if it works then (may need to upgrade to like a 500W power supply?)