Some programs are blurry

cmh076

Reputable
May 4, 2015
I just received an MSI GE60 Appache Pro 003. I am currently downloading League of Legends, and the launcher screen is blurry. I downloaded Skype, and the interface is also blurry. The resolution is on recommended.. I'm not sure what else I should do.

Solution
it sounds like you might have display scaling enabled. if oyu go to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display" within your control panel, it will tell you what your current scaling setting is. if its anything other than "100%" then applications that are not High DPI aware will be blurry as windows is up scaling them.

edit...
if it's set to something higher, setting it back to 100% will make everything smaller on screen. your laptops screen is around 141ppi/dpi which is to small for a lot of people to use at 100%.

pasow

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012
it sounds like you might have display scaling enabled. if oyu go to "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display" within your control panel, it will tell you what your current scaling setting is. if its anything other than "100%" then applications that are not High DPI aware will be blurry as windows is up scaling them.

edit...
if it's set to something higher, setting it back to 100% will make everything smaller on screen. your laptops screen is around 141ppi/dpi which is to small for a lot of people to use at 100%.

Solution

cmh076

Reputable
May 4, 2015

It is already at 100%.

pasow

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012

i'm glad i was able to help. windows requires a restart/logout to change DPI settings, and i'm sorry i forgot to mention that before.