[SOLVED] Some programs does not work until main graphics card is disabled

Dec 11, 2019
Hello. I am having issues with my Acer VX 15 laptop, especially the graphics card (GTX 1050). I can't use some programs (Unity/Maya/3ds max) and some games as well until I disable my graphics card. When I do that Intel HD 630 is used which leads to quite a bit of lag when using something demanding. I've tried reinstalling windows, reinstalling graphics card drivers - nothing helps :(
Therefore I'm asking if anyone had a similar issue of if anyone knows possible fixes to this?

Thank you

Solution
This usually happens when you update the nvidia(or intelHD) drivers from the GPU website instead of the laptop site.
The laptop site drivers are the only way to make sure that everything will work as intended.

If you search for and load up graphics settings in windows 10 it allows you to choose what GPU each app should use maybe setting up each app that has a problem individually will fix it.
This usually happens when you update the nvidia(or intelHD) drivers from the GPU website instead of the laptop site.
The laptop site drivers are the only way to make sure that everything will work as intended.

If you search for and load up graphics settings in windows 10 it allows you to choose what GPU each app should use maybe setting up each app that has a problem individually will fix it.

Solution