Question Some programs & websites cannot be accessed on Windows 10 ?

ethan206

Honorable
Jul 27, 2018
So, this is a really bizzare situation I’m in. I recently set up two wifi extenders (ASUS Lyra Mini & TP-Link AV600 Powerline) to connect to my main network. (I’m also a noob at networking and stuff so please bear with me if something doesn’t make sense.) Shortly after, I noticed that on my Windows laptop, I couldn’t access some programs/ they wouldn’t load while I could load other stuff. Like I could go on YouTube fine and do Google searches, but actually clicking on any Google results, other websites, launching programs like Discord, Spotify, Valorant, Speedtest/Ookla, etc., simply does not work and says I don’t have a wifi connection. This occurred on all three networks (my main network, the asus lyra extension one, and the powerline one as well).

I also tried on a different Windows laptop with the same result. I tried resetting the network settings, disabling/re-enabling the wifi adapter with no success. What I did notice was that in the network tab, Windows would show a “2” and “3” next to my network name occasionally (on both Windows laptops I tested).

Now, here’s the kicker. Everything works fine on my phone (iPhone 11). Every app or website I go to just works. I originally assumed I must’ve accidentally turned on like a filter on the network but this doesn’t seem to be the case.

Is it maybe something to do with different IP addresses ? (like I said I’m a noob at networking so please bear with me), and how some programs/websites wouldn’t load because I have a different one/multiple or something to do with DNS?

I removed the adapters and everything with still no success. Any help is appreciated.
Also I’m typing this on my phone (as I can’t access THF on my laptop so I apologize if the format looks weird)

Lutfij

Titan
Can you check and see what OS version(not edition) you're on for your OS at this moment of time? BIOS version for your laptop? Have you made sure that the networking gear you've added have the latest firmware on them(i.e, there are no firmware updates pending)? As for your main network, what is the make and model of your router/SP's modem if that's what you tethered the new gear to...?

Which browser are you working with?

ethan206

Honorable
Jul 27, 2018
Can you check and see what OS version(not edition) you're on for your OS at this moment of time? BIOS version for your laptop? Have you made sure that the networking gear you've added have the latest firmware on them(i.e, there are no firmware updates pending)? As for your main network, what is the make and model of your router/SP's modem if that's what you tethered the new gear to...?

Which browser are you working with?

I'm running Windows 10 21H1 and as for the BIOS, I'm running the latest version as well. I'm using a Razer Blade 14 Base Model and I'm pretty sure everything is up-to-date on all my networking stuff as far as I'm aware of. I'm using AT&T Fiber and I believe this is the modem I'm using:

https://www.amazon.com/U-verse-Gateway-Internet-Wireless-adapter/dp/B0779ML8SS