Question Some question about graphics card?

AshMetalRaf

Prominent
Sep 19, 2018
Hello!

You can't really tell from its performance. Only way is to check for dust in heatsink and on the circuit board.
Yes, It is considered one of the most outstanding GPU for mining.

May 29, 2019
Hello!

You can't really tell from its performance. Only way is to check for dust in heatsink and on the circuit board.
Yes, It is considered one of the most outstanding GPU for mining.
so, isnt it good for gaming then? if not.... why it does have the word "Gaming" in its title?

so, isnt it good for gaming then? if not.... why it does have the word "Gaming" in its title?
"gaming" as a descriptor tells you nothing. it is simply marketing fluff.
What counts is how it performs in games.
For that, a RX580 is a good midrange graphics card.
The main negative for a RX580 is the extra 75w required compared to similarly performing nvidia cards.
As to new/other, ask the shop that sold it to you.
if the shop sold it to you as new, then you will get a full warranty.

Reactions: _LoneWolf_
May 29, 2019
well
The main thing is the card does have 3 months of warranty (mentioned in Gigabyte's official website) where the shop granted me warranty of 1 year. I'm bit confused about it.

Note: the shop is official vendor of gigabyte in my country.

Reactions: King_V
A new RX580 should have a 3 year warranty. with 3 months, your card is either a refurbished card or a used one.
You are dependent on the seller to honor any warranty requests.
Presumably, the price you paid is sufficiently low.

A new RX580 should have a 3 year warranty. with 3 months, your card is either a refurbished card or a used one.
Weirdly, I guess because it was intended for mining, the 3 month warranty length is the official warranty from Gigabyte. Whether Gigabyte officially refurbished these, or they were like that new, and Gigabyte simply offered only a short warranty because they figured the cards would be run 24/7 for mining, I couldn't even begin to guess.

May 29, 2019
You are dependent on the seller to honor any warranty requests.
Presumably, the price you paid is sufficiently low.
Well I've mentioned it.. The card's warranty is officially 3 months.

Reactions: King_V

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS