[SOLVED] Some question about graphics card?

Solution
so, isnt it good for gaming then? if not.... why it does have the word "Gaming" in its title?
"gaming" as a descriptor tells you nothing. it is simply marketing fluff.
What counts is how it performs in games.
For that, a RX580 is a good midrange graphics card.
The main negative for a RX580 is the extra 75w required compared to similarly performing nvidia cards.
As to new/other, ask the shop that sold it to you.
if the shop sold it to you as new, then you will get a full warranty.
so, isnt it good for gaming then? if not.... why it does have the word "Gaming" in its title?
"gaming" as a descriptor tells you nothing. it is simply marketing fluff.
What counts is how it performs in games.
For that, a RX580 is a good midrange graphics card.
The main negative for a RX580 is the extra 75w required compared to similarly performing nvidia cards.
As to new/other, ask the shop that sold it to you.
if the shop sold it to you as new, then you will get a full warranty.

Reactions: Thriliya
Solution

Thriliya

Reputable
May 29, 2019
well
The main thing is the card does have 3 months of warranty (mentioned in Gigabyte's official website) where the shop granted me warranty of 1 year. I'm bit confused about it.

Note: the shop is official vendor of gigabyte in my country.

Reactions: King_V

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
A new RX580 should have a 3 year warranty. with 3 months, your card is either a refurbished card or a used one.

Weirdly, I guess because it was intended for mining, the 3 month warranty length is the official warranty from Gigabyte. Whether Gigabyte officially refurbished these, or they were like that new, and Gigabyte simply offered only a short warranty because they figured the cards would be run 24/7 for mining, I couldn't even begin to guess.

Thriliya

Reputable
May 29, 2019
A new RX580 should have a 3 year warranty. with 3 months, your card is either a refurbished card or a used one.
You are dependent on the seller to honor any warranty requests.
Presumably, the price you paid is sufficiently low.
Well I've mentioned it.. The card's warranty is officially 3 months.

Reactions: King_V