juampidieguez123

Reputable
Aug 29, 2017
I have this mobo on bios version 4.40 running a Ryzen 3 1300x (Summit Ridge). I was thinking about updating to version 5.90.

1: Based on the website patch notes, is it worth it?
2: Do windows restore points work when updating bios? Should I do one?
3: Should I worry about the "User will not able to flash previous BIOS once upgrading to this BIOS version" tag on version 5.80 and above? What if I come across some trouble with those versions? Does that mean I cannot downgrade to previous releases once I get to 5.80?

If you got any other advice or recommendation, do not hesitate to post, I'm all ears.
Thanks

Solution
You can safely update to 5.90 for first gen Ryzen. Just read all precautions depending on which BIOS version is now.
When there's an AGESA code change, you can't downgrade BIOS version from BIOS and would have to use software to do it.

kanewolf

Titan
I have this mobo on bios version 4.40 running a Ryzen 3 1300x (Summit Ridge). I was thinking about updating to version 5.90.

1: Based on the website patch notes, is it worth it?
2: Do windows restore points work when updating bios? Should I do one?
3: Should I worry about the "User will not able to flash previous BIOS once upgrading to this BIOS version" tag on version 5.80 and above? What if I come across some trouble with those versions? Does that mean I cannot downgrade to previous releases once I get to 5.80?

If you got any other advice or recommendation, do not hesitate to post, I'm all ears.
Thanks
First question, WHY are you upgrading the BIOS? Does something not work? If everything works, then I would not recommend changing the BIOS.

You can safely update to 5.90 for first gen Ryzen. Just read all precautions depending on which BIOS version is now.
When there's an AGESA code change, you can't downgrade BIOS version from BIOS and would have to use software to do it.

Solution