[SOLVED] Some questions about HDMI to VGA cable

Jan 9, 2020
My monitor is old and doesn't have a HDMI input, only VGA input and I'm planning to buy HDMI to VGA cable but there are so many options.
There is:
HDMI to VGA (no audio and no power)
HDMI to VGA (with audio and with power)
HDMI to VGA (with audio and no power)

Please help me what to buy on the following components.

Solution
Vga doesn't receive sound so not sure what you're looking at, maybe Hdmi to Vga converter with audio extraction for audio device?

Anyhow, all you need is an Hdmi to Vga active adapter cable. Make sure it says active because to convert digital to analog requires power, either by usb or dc. Also the adapter needs to say Hdmi TO Vga, not the other way around 👍

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Vga doesn't receive sound so not sure what you're looking at, maybe Hdmi to Vga converter with audio extraction for audio device?

Anyhow, all you need is an Hdmi to Vga active adapter cable. Make sure it says active because to convert digital to analog requires power, either by usb or dc. Also the adapter needs to say Hdmi TO Vga, not the other way around 👍

Solution
Jan 9, 2020

Yes its HDMI to VGA, But i'm not sure what option should I pick, so to be on a safe side, I will choose with audio and with power? Here is the image of HDMI to VGA: https://ibb.co/1dV0ry3

My monitor is old and doesn't have a HDMI input, only VGA input and I'm planning to buy HDMI to VGA cable but there are so many options.
There is:
HDMI to VGA (no audio and no power)
HDMI to VGA (with audio and with power)
HDMI to VGA (with audio and no power)

Please help me what to buy on the following components.

If you got a new video card or computer you may want to look at just replacing this old monitor. Used ones with HDMI connections can be found for $40-50 easily.

Jan 9, 2020
If you got a new video card or computer you may want to look at just replacing this old monitor. Used ones with HDMI connections can be found for $40-50 easily.
Yes, I didn't expect that GTX 1050ti doesn't have VGA input. Certainly, I'm a noob. I'm looking into that option but my AOC monitor is still working fine and I just don't want to put in a Garage. Thanks for the tips though! I also find a connector without any options. Thanks Y'all.

Yes, I didn't expect that GTX 1050ti doesn't have VGA input. Certainly, I'm a noob. I'm looking into that option but my AOC monitor is still working fine and I just don't want to put in a Garage. Thanks for the tips though! I also find a connector without any options. Thanks Y'all.

When buying anything, you need to check if it will work with what you have. You don't buy shoes without at least looking at the size on the box right? Don't assume that just because it's a computer part it will work with anything computer related. Just because the monitor is fine does not mean you should not replace it if it does not work with what else you have especially since the cost and quality over a newer monitor will be same or better as what you have now.

Reactions: xGodz
Jan 9, 2020
When buying anything, you need to check if it will work with what you have. You don't buy shoes without at least looking at the size on the box right? Don't assume that just because it's a computer part it will work with anything computer related. Just because the monitor is fine does not mean you should not replace it if it does not work with what else you have especially since the cost and quality over a newer monitor will be same or better as what you have now.
I've just got excited because it was on sale, it is only 5stocks left with 30% off on its original price. Yeah I probably need to buy new monitor as well.