[SOLVED] Some questions about my current and future build

Oct 24, 2019
My pc right now has the following hardware :
CPU: AMD A8-7600
GPU: Geforce GTX 1050 TI
Motherboard: A78m-E (DDR3)
RAM: 8 GB @ 1333 OCed @ 1415
and a cheap SSD

From what i can gather it seems that my cpu is bottlenecking my gpu but i also feel like that even my ram speed is really bad. Is there a way to lower the cpu usage (since its always at 100%) and increase the gpu usage or are those things not that much related?

2nd question from research i found out that a good budget CPU that doesnt bottleneck my GPU is i3-8100 and costs 130 euro in my country (greece). but since i need a ddr4 motherboard for it i am thinking of getting H310M H 2.0 gigabyte motherboard and i got some 2x4 GB 3000 Mhz ram from my brothers PC that he doesnt need.

Will this be enough to not get bottlenecked? Also since i am more of MMO player, (the gtx card was a gift from my brother ) will i atleast handle 60 fps on Raid bosses on games like Archage?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Απο τη στιγμη που ο επεξεργαστης ειναι στο 100% και η καρτα πιθανος πιο χαμηλα σημαινει οτι η καρτα απλα αραζει και περιμενει την ανταποκριση του επεξεργαστη. Αν αυξησεις (δεν ξερω πως), την λειτουργεια της καρτας και μειωσεις του επεξεργαστη, απλα η καρτα θα προσπαθει απλα για να περιμενει τον ακομα πιο αργο επεξεργαστη να ανταποκριθει.
Αν κανεις αναβαθμηση, καλο θα ηταν να αποφυγεις την intel σε budget λυσεις διοτι η amd ειναι αρκετα καλυτερη. Ενας Ryzen 3 δεν θα κανει bottleneck την καρτα και κοστιζουν κατω απο 100. Αν σ περισσευουν πηγαινε σε ryzen 5 2600. Μητρικη τουλαχιστον μια B350 και μια 2666 ram θα εισαι πολυ κομπλε. (Με τον R5 2600 θα βολευτεις και για το μελλον και για πιο ισχυρες καρτες γραφικων.)

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
When CPU overheats, it throttle down to lower speed to prevent it from getting damaged, thus you will get lower performance which will lead to bottleneck in games. You need to monitor the temperature by using a software like MSI Afterburner. If that was the case, i highly recommend increasing Fan speed to around 50%-65%. Normal temperature is between 30c to 40c at idle and 60c to 70c under load.

Typically, AMD A8-7600 is an i5-2400 when it's compared to cores and threads, both have similarities. the i3-8100 is slightly better and less likely to bottleneck your GPU though the difference is really not that big -- 3000Mhz is well enough ram speed. As for motherboards, generally, gigabyte is considered most reliable, being optimal in terms of features. Personally when it comes to GPU, I wouldn't recommend gigabyte brand, a fair percentage of unfavorable feedbacks who uses GB have crashing problems.

Your PC setup is decent and can run most games, I would only recommend having more RAM.

Giannis_Mag

Reputable
May 24, 2017
Απο τη στιγμη που ο επεξεργαστης ειναι στο 100% και η καρτα πιθανος πιο χαμηλα σημαινει οτι η καρτα απλα αραζει και περιμενει την ανταποκριση του επεξεργαστη. Αν αυξησεις (δεν ξερω πως), την λειτουργεια της καρτας και μειωσεις του επεξεργαστη, απλα η καρτα θα προσπαθει απλα για να περιμενει τον ακομα πιο αργο επεξεργαστη να ανταποκριθει.
Αν κανεις αναβαθμηση, καλο θα ηταν να αποφυγεις την intel σε budget λυσεις διοτι η amd ειναι αρκετα καλυτερη. Ενας Ryzen 3 δεν θα κανει bottleneck την καρτα και κοστιζουν κατω απο 100. Αν σ περισσευουν πηγαινε σε ryzen 5 2600. Μητρικη τουλαχιστον μια B350 και μια 2666 ram θα εισαι πολυ κομπλε. (Με τον R5 2600 θα βολευτεις και για το μελλον και για πιο ισχυρες καρτες γραφικων.)

Solution
Oct 24, 2019
When CPU overheats, it throttle down to lower speed to prevent it from getting damaged, thus you will get lower performance which will lead to bottleneck in games. You need to monitor the temperature by using a software like MSI Afterburner. If that was the case, i highly recommend increasing Fan speed to around 50%-65%. Normal temperature is between 30c to 40c at idle and 60c to 70c under load.

Typically, AMD A8-7600 is an i5-2400 when it's compared to cores and threads, both have similarities. the i3-8100 is slightly better and less likely to bottleneck your GPU though the difference is really not that big -- 3000Mhz is well enough ram speed. As for motherboards, generally, gigabyte is considered most reliable, being optimal in terms of features. Personally when it comes to GPU, I wouldn't recommend gigabyte brand, a fair percentage of unfavorable feedbacks who uses GB have crashing problems.

Your PC setup is decent and can run most games, I would only recommend having more RAM.

i wish i could vote both of you as best answer since you both helped me on both questions, thank you very much for the responses!i will try to up the fan speed for the time being and when i am able i will buy a ryzen 5 2600 instead since its cheaper than i3-8100

TRENDING THREADS