Some questions on whether computer gaming is all that more beneficial or better than consoles

Gareth Kidd

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
So I am buying an expensive computer when I got the cash to get it (its £2560, that includes a monitor, and I don't intend to ever buy a new one, I'll just update it every now and then), and in it its going to have a Nvidia GTX 680 and after reading reviews learned its a decent graphics card for computer gaming.

I typically use my XBOX 360 for any gaming, but I recently sold that to my brother over Christmas. I'm sure there are similar threads elsewhere, so a referral would be cool.

However, I have questions about downloading internet games or still buying them from Game or Gamestation. Honestly, I'd prefer the disk but I heard that downloaded games run better than games played with or downloaded with a disk. Is there any truth to this, so is there any point of using steam or anything similar?
I'll post my computer specs on a different thread.

Solution

Once it's installed on the hard drive, it makes no difference where it came from.

USAFRet

Titan

Once it's installed on the hard drive, it makes no difference where it came from.

Solution