Some random S2 questions

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Do "gussy up" and "practice romance" actually do anything?

What does the noodlesoother do? I don't notice anything happening.
Similarly, how's the "love tub" different from the regular hot tub?

If you don't teach toddlers to walk and talk, do they grow up mute and
crippled?

--
--Cuth
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

>> What does the noodlesoother do? I don't notice anything happening.
>> Similarly, how's the "love tub" different from the regular hot tub?

>It's not, it's just the way it's decorated. (Don't know about the
>Noodlesoother).

I was told it boost relationships, making it easier. IIRC the
noodlesoother makes learning easier but drains hunger/fun etc like mad.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> Do "gussy up" and "practice romance" actually do anything?

Practice romance works on charisma just as well as practice speech.
Didn't try the other.

> What does the noodlesoother do? I don't notice anything happening.
> Similarly, how's the "love tub" different from the regular hot tub?

No clue. The Love tub is prettier to look at.

> If you don't teach toddlers to walk and talk, do they grow up mute and
> crippled?

Nope. They are fine. Raised lots of them.

-georg
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:4254B6EB.3090000@earthlink.net...
> Do "gussy up" and "practice romance" actually do anything?

Don't think so but they seem to enjoy it.

>
> What does the noodlesoother do? I don't notice anything happening.
> Similarly, how's the "love tub" different from the regular hot tub?

It's not, it's just the way it's decorated. (Don't know about the
Noodlesoother).

>
> If you don't teach toddlers to walk and talk, do they grow up mute and
> crippled?

No - but their aspirations are focussed on those things so they tend to grow
up badly if you don't do it. Missing one doesn't make any difference
though.

Maxon
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I think that Romance is also a 'hidden' skill so that 'Practise Romance' not
only improves a Sims general charisma, but also their pickup lines.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM



"georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
news:pH25e.7924$uw2.3189@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>
> > Do "gussy up" and "practice romance" actually do anything?
>
> Practice romance works on charisma just as well as practice speech.
> Didn't try the other.
>
> > What does the noodlesoother do? I don't notice anything happening.
> > Similarly, how's the "love tub" different from the regular hot tub?
>
> No clue. The Love tub is prettier to look at.
>
> > If you don't teach toddlers to walk and talk, do they grow up mute and
> > crippled?
>
> Nope. They are fine. Raised lots of them.
>
> -georg
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
news:pH25e.7924$uw2.3189@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>
>> Do "gussy up" and "practice romance" actually do anything?
>
> Practice romance works on charisma just as well as practice speech. Didn't
> try the other.
>
>> What does the noodlesoother do? I don't notice anything happening.
>> Similarly, how's the "love tub" different from the regular hot tub?
>
> No clue. The Love tub is prettier to look at.
>
>> If you don't teach toddlers to walk and talk, do they grow up mute and
>> crippled?
>
> Nope. They are fine. Raised lots of them.
>
> -georg


The Lovetub is an "Aspiration" reward and becomes the Hot tub after the
candles burn out. About enough time for 5 social interactions apparently.
(Four hours - according to the strategy guide).

Between 2 Sims. "acceptance requirements are lowered and relationship
outcomes are increased". ie. Makes them more of a pushover.

You could try inviting Sims over one at a time in quick succession! ;))

Skeatsan''co
Skeatsan''co
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 04:28:21 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Do "gussy up" and "practice romance" actually do anything?

Gussy up gives the sim doing it a small hygiene boost. It basically
taskes the place of the tooth-brushing action in the original Sims.

Gwen
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

That noodlesoother is evil! I put it on one of my teenagers as a test
one morning after she woke up (she was gold aspiration at the time),
and her needs meters dropped like stones!

She was more exhausted, hungry and desperate for a pee than she had
been before she went the loo, ate dinner and went to bed the night
before.

~*~
vecki
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I might be mistaking, but I think that in the regular hot tub, you can only
"try for baby" once per day, while you can try several times in a row in the
love tub.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

While I have never specifically tried testing this theory out I think that
you are wrong. I am sure that I have attempted a baby more than once in the
hottub in a row.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM



"Glycerine" <dontspamme@my.mail> wrote in message
news:425551a6$0$44087$5fc3050@dreader2.news.tiscali.nl...
> I might be mistaking, but I think that in the regular hot tub, you can
only
> "try for baby" once per day, while you can try several times in a row in
the
> love tub.
>
>
 

TRENDING THREADS