News Some RTX 3060 Cards Could Cost More Than RTX 3060 Tis

SyDiko

Reputable
Jun 14, 2017
Doesn't matter what the price is, if they are released online the bots will still grab them all.

Manufacturers will say, " blah blah blah, unprecedent demand, blah blah blah".

And, 99.9% of the stock will be on eBay for $1000.

Jim90

Distinguished
Meanwhile, back on earth, both AMD and Nvidia have yet to actually 'release' RDNA2/Ampere cards...lol...ebay doesn't even come close in volume to even suggest an actual 'full' launch took place.

Console contracts and mining cards are their priorities, unfortunately.

Last edited:

InvalidError

Titan
Vendors shouldnt be allowed to scalp prices THAT much....
It is a free market, vendors will charge whatever the market will bear, especially when chips are in particularly tight supply and scalpers are flipping cards at even higher prices. Vendors get to boost their profit margin and reduce the scalpers' profitability, win-win for them.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
It is a free market, vendors will charge whatever the market will bear, especially when chips are in particularly tight supply and scalpers are flipping cards at even higher prices. Vendors get to boost their profit margin and reduce the scalpers' profitability, win-win for them.
Are there really people out there willing to spend $1000 on a 3060ti? That's completely absurd.

Reactions: Jim90

LolaGT

Reputable
Oct 31, 2020
There are bot pages anyone can go to and watch it comb the retailers in real time, and folks are commenting(clarification: People in the chats at those places)that they are willing to pay up for the card they want.
I question one's sanity at the msrp for 500-700 dollars and up for a gpu. I'm not sure why the urgent need to pay double or more for a new card. I guess if it impresses your buds, well worth it?
I'm going to be riding my 350 dollar 5700 xt for a very long time, and I had a bit of buyers remorse for spending that much.

Last edited:

drinking12many

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
Yeah, I am kind of in the same boat, I will look as high as maybe 350, but I am not paying even that for a last gen card...Heck I have seen RX570s going for over 400 I think I bought the one in my kid's computer for 135 or thereabout. Could I use something newer than my 580 absolutely, but I will play on lower quality before paying 600+ on a card especially an old one.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
These 3060 prices are no surprise. The pricing on new GPUs is absolutely insane, and it's getting worse. Normally I'd complain that these elevated vendor prices are wrong, but let's be honest -- the only people able to buy cards right now operate bots. Most of them are resellers/scalpers or miners. Ok, vendors, stick it to them.

Just for fun, I looked up the value of the GTX 1070 in my desktop and RX 580 in my HTPC. Both are worth more than what I paid for them years ago. This is crazy.

Reactions: Why_Me

Olle P

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
About half of the components that are mounted on a video card's PCB are now (according to Igor's Lab) in short supply and only available at increased prices:
PWM controller, MOSfet, capacitors, RAM, and so on. Everything is more expensive than usual.
So no wonder that new complete cards are in short supply at hiked up prices...

Reactions: Phaaze88

InvalidError

Titan
A few months from now I am going to laugh at those who paid $600 for a xx60, $800 for a xx70 and over $1k for a xx80. Just like I laughed at those who paid that much for Pascal cards 3 years ago.
Prices were already up due to covid-related supply chain disruptions and inflated demand, it'll take more than a few months for prices to come back to normal, especially if crypto's rebound persists for a while on top of that.

Prices were already up due to covid-related supply chain disruptions and inflated demand, it'll take more than a few months for prices to come back to normal, especially if crypto's rebound persists for a while on top of that.
So you think that for those who are not willing to pay way more than the msrp they will have to wait until the next nvidia gpu?
If I remember correctly the 2017 shortage lasted for less than a year. It ended just before nvidia released Turing

InvalidError

Titan
So you think that for those who are not willing to pay way more than the msrp they will have to wait until the next nvidia gpu?
The current shortages will likely persist until TSMC and all of the support component suppliers who are also maxed out build new fabs, which means on-going shortages for at least another year, quite possibly two. Chances are Ampere will get discontinued before it ever gets down to MSRP.

TRENDING THREADS