Question Some sites only fully load on Edge or with VPN enabled.

Aug 16, 2019
I've been having problems for a few weeks in uploading specific sites like Twitter and Artstation. Usually when I start the system or restart the sites open normally in Opera GX which is my default browser, but after a few minutes the sites stop loading fully, load only by half, (like the image below) do not load or in the case of Twitter accuses the message of "ERR _ CONNECTION_RESET".

123124.png

Opera_Instantaneo_2019-08-16_183034_twitter.com.png

I have done several procedures:

System Restore.
Realtek Driver Reinstall. (It worked for a few days after this procedure, now even repeating or updated drivers no longer works.)
Restore the modem to its factory settings.
Restore Opera and other browsers that I tried for the factory setting, such as Chrome and Firefox.
I disabled the proxy server.
I tried public DNS servers, like Google's.
I deleted the hosts file in "C:WindowsSystem32driversetchosts".
I did a virus scan with Malwarebytes.
I checked the Applnit_DLLs record, it's empty.
I disabled the Windows firewall.
I restarted the CryptSvc service.
I called my Internet service provider.
I tried on other browsers like Firefox and Chrome, no results.
I tried to disable Opera's hardware acceleration without results.

The commands:

route –f
sc config cdpusersvc type=own
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
chkdsk /f /r /x
ipconfig/flushdns

None of the procedures worked, however, the websites typically open only under two conditions: using the Microsoft Edge browser and Opera's native VPN. If I disable the VPN the sites do not load again. I'll be grateful if anyone can help me, because my options are already exhausted, I tried almost everything.

My modem/router model: Sagemcom F@ST 3284u HP NET
PC config:
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
Power supply: Corsair CX600M
Network adapter: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller (192.168.0.10) with driver version: 10.34.307.2019
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 1903 - Build: 18362.295
My ISP is "Claro Net", 60 Mbps.

If there's anything more I need to inform, just tell me. Thank you for your attention.

Last edited:

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
That's just an issue of using a browser like Opera that likes to take sites and preload them into their servers and then do quick compression on them to make them seemingly load faster for you on your end.
It's simply the way the browser handles loading sites and the way it tries to cache things.
It's not very good I'm afraid.

I suggest using a more robust and well built browser like Firefox.

And if looking for a VPN that doesn't cost money, you can try out https://www.betternet.co

Aug 16, 2019
So, as I said, I tried Firefox and Chrome, neither of them are loading exactly the same websites, they had the same problem as Opera. The only browser which loaded the websites was Edge.

Edit: About the VPN, I don't really wanna use it, everytime this is active I can't watch a stream on Twitch without lag for example, it's just an alternative that makes the websites load, which I don't want to use.

But thanks for your reply!

Last edited:

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
well you shouldn't have a problem with Twitter.

however, this artstation thing might have extremely poor web design and will only work with something like Edge or IE.

Depends on what country you're in as well I guess too.

It's hard for me to truly diagnose what the issue could be with these two sites since it could be the location you are in, the software you are using, or the web browser compatibility.

And I personally have never had any real issues with any site I've ever visited using Firefox.

The only sites I ever had an issue with were any site using old outdated web code and it would only load in Edge with IE compatibility turned on or in IE itself.

And I've never had an issue loading into anything either probably due to the fact that I live in America.

So again, I'm sorry I can't really be of more help.

but what I said about Opera as a main browser still stands though.
It is an OK browser, but not the best by any means.

I personally prefer Firefox due to it's open source nature and how customizable and tinkerable it is.
But others seem to like Chrome for some reason and I can't understand why LOL. But it's on par with Firefox as far as I can tell when it comes to just standard usage.

Aug 16, 2019
Yes, I really like Firefox and I used it for a long time before Chrome, from version 3.9 to 15.0 I believe, it's still my second choice, but for reasons of memory usage, (Opera GX allows to limit it, as I work with Photoshop it is very useful, on a PC that has only 8 Gb of RAM) the practicality of sidebar and the Flow, (which I use A LOT), I can not get out of Opera anymore haha I'm from Brazil btw.

I just think it's weird that I've been using Opera for, like, three years by now, and it never happened, and it wasn't for an Opera update. As I commented, I ended up having the same problem on Artstation and Twitter with Firefox too, if I had not I would consider using it again for sure.

I tried to boot into safe mode with network to see if the problem persisted, and for about 15 minutes did not occur, but it seems to vary of time for the two websites to stop working, including Twitch sometimes along with them. I went back to normal mode and was disabling the services that were not from Windows and could be affecting browsers that are not Edge, I disabled the Adobe and nVidia services first and the problem happened again in about 20 minutes, then reactivated and left disabled only the COM+ Leg Service, which is a program that searches and downloads subtitles in the Windows context menu, this was a few hours ago and the problem with these three websites did not happen again, but as I commented, it seems quite inconsistent the pattern in which the problem occurs, if it happens again I'll keep you up to date, thanks for the attention!

The services I have that are non-Windows, just took a print of it when I was on safe mode and they were disabled for "future guidance". haha

Sem_titulo213213.png