Some upgrading issues

maskedmonkyman

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
So I recently added a 120 gigabyte SSD to my rig. I am loving the fast boot and program loading times but I am having a few issues that I would like some help with. I previously had my OS on a 2TB WD black drive but preformed a clean instal onto my SSD but didn't reformat the old drive. Now whenever I boot up my computer the boot option screen asks me which drive I would like to boot windows from(because it is still technical on both drives). I tried changing boot priority in my bios but for some reason it doesn't give the option to boot strait from my SSD. So is there an easy way to remove windows from my old drive? I would rather not reformat it because that would mean I would have to re-download all my games. Any help on this topic would be appreciated and thank you.

System specs:
Mobo: Asus z97-a
CPU: I7 4790k
GPU: GTX 770
RAM:16BG
Storage: one 2TB WD drive and one 120GB PNY SSD
Windows 7 home premium 64bit

Solution
You could have placed some system files from the new setup on the old drive so you don't just want to format it. Even if you had Windows on the old drive, a clean setup on the new drive, if done correctly, would only give you a single boot option.

Read this http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-happened-boot-ini-file#1TC=windows-7 it will tell you how to set the time it waits and what the default OS would be. If you set the default OS and set the time to 0, it will just boot to the SSD.

You could have placed some system files from the new setup on the old drive so you don't just want to format it. Even if you had Windows on the old drive, a clean setup on the new drive, if done correctly, would only give you a single boot option.

Read this http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-happened-boot-ini-file#1TC=windows-7 it will tell you how to set the time it waits and what the default OS would be. If you set the default OS and set the time to 0, it will just boot to the SSD.

Solution