Question Some yogurt juice leaked into top vent of my ASUS fx505du, how do I remove motherboard to clean it ?

Oct 13, 2020
The one on top of the keyboard. I've opened many pcs, so I thought this would be similar. Does everything have to come unscrewed. Also I was unplugging stuff and the black clip to the small blue ribbon to the right of the fat blue ribbon popped off, what is that ribbon and is it done, can it still be unplugged.
20201013-172755.jpg

No yogurt juice got to the bottom of it, don't see anything, pretty positive it's on bottom. Laptop was still on and working.

20201013-172804.jpg

Oct 13, 2020
https://www.google.com/search?safe=active&sxsrf=ALeKk02bsWgRsAZn4m6yG6oHtDO71kJEBQ:1602690234762&ei=uhyHX7uGLu2H_Qbsnr6IDQ&q=asus+tuf+gaming+fx505du+teardown&oq=ASUS+fx505du+teard&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgAMgkIABDJAxAWEB46BAgAEEc6BwgAEMkDEEM6AggAOgQIABBDOgcIABAUEIcCOgYIABAWEB5Q9gxY7hZg4CRoAHACeACAAWCIAYgEkgEBNpgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXrIAQjAAQE&sclient=psy-ab

The blue ribbon looks to be the keyboard connector. You need to unhook it from the motherboard anyway to remote it. Hopefully you don't mean the actual connector on the motherboard popped off, that would mean a new motherboard since it's not likely you will find a place to repair it.
No I think just a tiny black clip cover on top of it. Do you know if I have to remove everything to lift motherboard up

No I think just a tiny black clip cover on top of it. Do you know if I have to remove everything to lift motherboard up

Don't know, but often you do since there are ribbon cables on it. You may not actually have to remove everything but do need to unplug it from the motherboard. Look at some of the guides. If that flip cover is broken you may have an issue.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2020
Don't know, but often you do since there are ribbon cables on it. You may not actually have to remove everything but do need to unplug it from the motherboard. Look at some of the guides. If that flip cover is broken you may have an issue.
Yeah my touchpad isn't working. I put it back together. The black clip holds the ribbon in place. I can't even find the small clip.