Somedays high fps, somdays low fps?

JosWick

Honorable
Aug 11, 2015
Hello, I have noticed quite long ago that on most games such as Overwatch and Rainbow Six Siege, that my fps varies for some reason. For example normally i get around 100 - 130 fps on Overwatch, somtimes dropping so the 90's which is super annoying for I have an 144hz monitor. Yet somedays when I have restarted my pc or just generally turned it on for another day of use, the fps would be alot higher, within the ranges of 130 - 150. This is also the same for Rainbow. I have tried recreating this to find what the solution is like restarting the game, changing the resolution mid game, alt tabbing but i could not recreate the positive issue. I am wondering if there is anything known that could affect fps in games becuase i would much prefer the higher fps.

PC SPECS:
i5 4370 3.2 Ghz
GTX 1060 3GB
16 GB DDR3

I know that probably my pc is getting bottlenecked because of the difference in CPU and GPU, but i dont understand how somtimes my pc will get higher fpses and lower ones. Thank you <3

JosWick

Honorable
Aug 11, 2015

The fps does not drop of after extended use. When i launch the pc and start playing fps is either high, or low. if high and then i restart the game it will go back to being normally low. This does happen rarley. But the temps are always normal, atleast the GPU and CPU.

JosWick

Honorable
Aug 11, 2015

I have monitored processes on both high fps days and low fps days and i dont seem to see anything different running.