Someone explain the difference between these two hard drives?

StealthNinja

Honorable
Jan 6, 2017
This vs This

What advantages does the Firecuda have over the barracuda? I'd like to get a 2tb drive and those prices are not too bad but I'd like to know which is better for me. The drive will be used for extra space, I won't be putting an OS on it.

Thanks

Solution
The Firecuda is an sshd and the barracuda is a hd , the sshd firecuda has 8gb of flash memory as well as a spinning hard disk. the barracuda is a normal hd no flash memory.

Technically the Firecuda should be faster, but only for frequently used files and you have zero control over what those files are.

I too thought of getting an SSHD for data storage but the difference was negligible when it came to data retrival.
If you are not using it for OS then save some money and get the Barracuda .
Hope this helps .

ryder57

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
The Firecuda is an sshd and the barracuda is a hd , the sshd firecuda has 8gb of flash memory as well as a spinning hard disk. the barracuda is a normal hd no flash memory.

Technically the Firecuda should be faster, but only for frequently used files and you have zero control over what those files are.

I too thought of getting an SSHD for data storage but the difference was negligible when it came to data retrival.
If you are not using it for OS then save some money and get the Barracuda .
Hope this helps .

Solution

StealthNinja

Honorable
Jan 6, 2017

It does thanks.

TRENDING THREADS