[SOLVED] someone help?

Kulvin

Reputable
Oct 11, 2016
Hello,

I have issues with my CPU.
1st issue - When i turn on my CPU, i get a "NO SIGNAL" message on the screen and on my CPU, the led lights 3 and 4 are turned on.
2nd issue - When i turn on my CPU, i get a "NO SIGNAL" message on the screen and on my CPU, the led lights 3 and 4 are turned on and also the reset button on my CPU shows ORANGE light.
3rd issue - When i turn on my CPU, it correctly loads windows but after 5 - 10 mins on desktop, either it automatically shuts down completely or the CPU fan starts to spin fast and i get a "NO SIGNAL" message on the screen.

PC Specs:
Dell Optiplex 380 - MT Tower
400W Power Supply (Cooler Master)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3.00Ghz
2 * 4GB RAM 1333MHz DDR3 (Low Density)

I've already clean up the dust inside the CPU and the CPU fan + has applied new thermal paste + has removed the CMOS battery and replaced with a new one + has switched RAM slots and has tried one RAM in one slot to check but still having same issues.

PLEASE HELP !

As you have already tried RAM, thermal compound, etc., the next likely suspects are PSU or mainboard... (if you have a spare PSU, you could slave on in for limited testing (WARNING: do NOT mix modular cables from old PSU with a newer one!) Once PSU is ruled out, you are left with mainboard/CPU

(Normally , a bad BIOS battery will give low voltage readings, but, as they are but $2 or $3, swapping it to rule it out is also simple enough)

Reactions: Kulvin
The 3/4 diagnostic indicate memory, but the amber also indicates something possibly with power or motherboard:
https://www.dell.com/support/articl...ex-diagnostic-indicators?lang=en#2005_to_2009

This being said, it does sound like the motherboard, but also could be the power supply. Since the power supply is easier to swap, I would try that first. If not, a motherboard is pretty cheap on ebay so no worries and you'll be back up and running again soon. :)

Reactions: Kulvin