Question someone is constantly ip hacking and crashing my pc

• Thread starter Deleted member 2707986
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2707986

someone is constantly sending virus to my pc and crashing it to the bluescreen.

i know it was him because i'm getting virus alerts sporadically, it was mostly ransomware viruses but on some occasions he would try to put hacking tools and exploit executable on my pc, which is picked up on by my antivirus software.

although my virus scanner always picks them up and deletes them, but then he would crash my pc out of spite when that happens.

my virus scanner can only deletes the files most of the time, but it's not capable of telling me which IP it originates from.

i tried installing zone alarm but all it does is just closed all incoming/outgoing connections on my pc, preventing me from using the internet at all.

(and when there's no internet, my pc works perfectly fine without any crashes for hours, so this is definitely not hardware related)

fresh install of windows 7 and deletion of all hidden files on my HDD could not resolve this, the hacker is hacking me via IP and there's no way for me to avoid him.

so does anyone know if there's some kind of antivirus software that would tell me what IP address the viruses are originating from? so i can block it on my windows firewall?

thanks so much for letting me know

Wire shark is a paid program that can track ip adresses of computers connected to your pc. I have used it before with guidance but i dont know how to tell you what to do to see their ip. Some people on youtube use it to identify the location of tech support scammers. You also could run netstat in cmd to see what pcs and servers have an established connection to your pc.

D

Deleted member 2707986

Is your PC connected directly to your modem or do you have a NAT router? Do you believe this is from a person on your local network or from an internet source?

my pc is connected to a modem. i believe this is from a person from an internet source, as a few days ago, my virus scanner picked up the name of his hacking tool, which looked like something that only those "haxxor kiddies" would use, so i don't think i'm being hacked by a pro hacker or a state sponsered hacker.

on a more humorous note, i also caught him closing my browser, opening the start menu and trying to shut down my pc with his invisible mouse pointer. he was also snopping around my D drive for a while. then he created a ADMIN account on my pc, which he used to logged me out of windows and putting a password to lock me out....all this after i went to the bathroom for 15minutes. of course when i came back i immediately deleted his rogue account with mine.

Wire shark is a paid program that can track ip adresses of computers connected to your pc. I have used it before with guidance but i dont know how to tell you what to do to see their ip. Some people on youtube use it to identify the location of tech support scammers. You also could run netstat in cmd to see what pcs and servers have an established connection to your pc.

there are a number of IPs connected to my pc, its impossible to tell which ones are malicious. i tried blocking some of the ones that i find suspicious, but the hacker still manages to get through, i think he's got alot of ips at his disposal.

Well, you could try to use a VPN but I'm not sure if that would work.Y ou also could change IP https://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-ip-address-windows-10
It might be worth a go promptly reinstall windows to get rid of malicious code, change ip so he cant infect the new install and start using a VPN immediately after reinstalling windows.
This should not allow him to use his amateur tracking software anymore and not allow him to know what your new IP is, making it harder to infect again. A VPN will make him unable to view your real IP.

D

Deleted member 2707986

well i've managed to stop his attacks by singling out those ip addresses he was using. after careful observations, i found that he was alternating between a Russian, Iranian and Ukraine IP which he used to connect to my pc, i blocked each one specifically and all of his attacks immediately stopped.

thankfully other than being a nuisance, he wasn't able to do any kind of damage to my pc and all my files are still intact. :)

You are just ASKING to be hacked by not having a router. A pc directly conected to the internet is a target. First step is to buy a router to protect your PC.

thanks for the recommendation! i'm going to get a used router for cheap and try and set it up to futureproof my pc from any further attacks! thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt it is someone hacking you.
You probably have malware installed on your computer and bots are attacking you from all over the place.
Download and install Malwarebytes and run it.
then download and install Glasswire - you can see ALL incoming/outgoing traffic