Question Someone used my desktop and ever since it has been lagging.

SynapticVesicle

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Someone kind of sketchy was here and I was too busy to pay attention. It was a friend of a friend and I fell asleep. He was using the desktop. Now it lags a lot. When I'm typing the letters lag. The mouse cursor will lag. Websites will lag loading up. Youtube videos will lag as they play.

I tried Updating Windows 10 but it won't let me. I can't find a way to reset the registry (the word reset just lagged :( ). My system restores are old and I've been doing work on this computer since then. Not sure what I can do. Anyone have any tips or what to look out for? When watching Youtube videos the CPU usage would spike somewhat when it froze and it was Windows Exporer. Same with when this typing just lagged.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also knew the System Restores would be too old since its been a while but its even worse. They are all recent and there is plenty of space left. It is extremely annoying. I would like to keep my System Restores without Windows deleting them when it doesn't even need the room.

Thanks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

You shouldn’t let strangers use your PC that’s your first problem let alone going to sleep with them in your house. How ridiculous. I would wipe that hard drive clean install windows 10 fresh you don’t know what they did to it

USAFRet

Titan
Copy all your personal data to some other location, and do a full wipe and reinstall.

And don't depend on System Restore Points for data protection.
There are much better ways to do that.