Something Eating Up My Hard Disk and my Youtube is just using 8% of my Bandwidth

ki321

Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
Hi All,

Anti-Virus : Bitdefender
CPU : i5 3570K
GPU : Sapphire 7950
RAM : 8 GB
DSL Speed : 6 mbps

Here is my problem about my disk space I'm noticing that every-time I surfed the net, especially YouTube and twitch my disk space is about 1 GB less I tried using CCleaner and my Chrome, Internet Cache is about 700 MB I don't if its normal or haven't noticed it but I'm certain that it's not doing this when I bought my computer 2 years ago? Have the same problem with Firefox but I adjusted the storage cache to only 50mb.

Now my YouTube problem when I click the "Stats for Nerds" on the video YouTube only uses 8% of my bandwidth, When I test my bandwidth speed test gives me ranging around 5.87 Mbps. Is it the traffic on my IP or Youtube itself?

Hope you guys can help me out tried everything by Searching the forums and googling it :)
Thank you in Advance

Solution
when you play a video the video saved to a temp folder on your computer (that is why you can go back and forward on a YouTube video fully loaded without having to download/reload it again, and it will stay that way until you refresh that page, closed it or open a new link at the same tab. I don't think you can do any thing about it.

Stats for Nerds's bandwidth shows you the speed that you are downloading/loading the video, which is basically the same thing as the connection speed between your computer and the YouTube server where there video you are watching is saved, and it might not reflect your real connection speed (for that you will have to use speed test websites, you can google them).

Tchota

Reputable
May 11, 2015
when you play a video the video saved to a temp folder on your computer (that is why you can go back and forward on a YouTube video fully loaded without having to download/reload it again, and it will stay that way until you refresh that page, closed it or open a new link at the same tab. I don't think you can do any thing about it.

Stats for Nerds's bandwidth shows you the speed that you are downloading/loading the video, which is basically the same thing as the connection speed between your computer and the YouTube server where there video you are watching is saved, and it might not reflect your real connection speed (for that you will have to use speed test websites, you can google them).

Solution

Tchota

Reputable
May 11, 2015
Sometimes the video stays saved even after performing one of this actions (normally that happens to me after a power lost). Not sure if you don't have to clear them manually at C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash