Something exploded when I turned on the power to my computer.

Jul 3, 2018
Please help me!!! When I was checking for the fans to work on my computer some batteries blew off, and three had their paper exposed and also an medium sized battery bloated. Please help.

Solution
You should list all your computer parts for more accurate advice, but what you are describing sounds like blown capacitors, and whatever device they are on (graphics card?..motherboard?..) is basically dead. You need to determine why that happened, tho it is likely a failed power supply. Replacing the faulty part without eliminating the cause could lead to the same result.
You should list all your computer parts for more accurate advice, but what you are describing sounds like blown capacitors, and whatever device they are on (graphics card?..motherboard?..) is basically dead. You need to determine why that happened, tho it is likely a failed power supply. Replacing the faulty part without eliminating the cause could lead to the same result.

Solution
If it was a new component RMA it. If it was a used part you will have to buy a new one unless you are willing to do some dirty work.

As an earlier reply stated, you might want to replace your PSU as well as that could potentially cause it. (did you have your voltage switch on the proper voltage?)

For more help and in future posts, you need to add more detail such as a parts list, and pictures.