Question Something extremely weird happened to my Windows 8.1 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangaman

Honorable
So I signed on to my PC, nothing out of the ordinary. Then suddenly instead of normally saying "signing in" on the login screen, it said "preparing Windows". Then my default color theme changed from purple to the default blue. Once logged in, my entire desktop was reset, much like a new Windows installation. However, all my programs and files were fine. I also thought Windows deleted all of my documents and pictures from my desktop, but after navigating to my hard drive D:\Desktop, they were all untouched. Windows was just not showing them in the desktop for some weird reason.

So I turned of my computer, waited a few minutes and logged back into my local account. Once logged back in, the theme changed from the default Windows installation to my custom theme and everything went back to normal. All of my documents and pictures are now showing on the desktop just fine.

My question is what just happened!? My computer was running fine last night, and I even ran a virus scan yesterday too. All clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.