Something i want to know!

G

does a computer eat up alot of energy ? cause i want to know if is bad for the FPL bills ? how much can consume a computer of energy ? is very bad or just little bit normal? i got a mother board and i plug in the power supply of course but there is a extra 12v JPW1 plug and i plugged that in is that any help for the mother board ? or that consume alot more of energy cause 12v is alot right ? O damn i see now my CASE say 350WATTS thats alot is like having 7 50watts lights on all the day or night ? or is less or more ?? and my RADEON 8500 need alot of energy or is ok with 350watts power supply and a extra JPW1 plugged? how much WATTS a video card like radeon 8500 needs ? plz anyone ?

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
It turns out that your computer running 24/7 is more power efficient than if you turn it on and off several times a day. The monitor eats up more power, but it's easy to have your monitor kick into power save mode, or simply turn it off when not in use.

Either way, you're more likely to use more power with your AC, Oven, or TV than you would with a computer.

"Search your feelings you know it to be true, I am your... twin sister" - Darth Vader